McMahan starting....... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

McMahan starting.......

The Beach Bum

Communication Artist, DSOA, WPB.FL
Reaction score
:p

Mike McMahan is starting for the lions........ i think he will be out by the second quarter;) but i hope not because harrington........ he will be a great player in a few months.......

Look at the fish since JJ took over in 1996. Young QB's (even Payton Manning and the Great Tom Brady :rolleyes: ) have struggled against Miami and the Dolphins almost always win games where a young QB is playing (except the great super bowl MVP Tom Brady :rolleyes: but he still struggled a bit against the Miami D). Its the Wiley Vets the Fish have struggles with like Vinny, Peyton (who had some rough outings against Miami earlier in his career) that midget Flutie, and so on. I don't think Mike McMahon or Joey Harrington will have much success.

The only young QB that has gone up against the Phins and scared the living crap out of me (well ok Peyton did early on at some points too) is Mike Vick...man having that much natural ability just shouldn't be legal.

I don't think the Lions offense will be able to keep them in the game. Besides two young inexperienced QB's, the Lions RB J. Stewart isn't anything we should be afraid of either....

They have good WR's though. A. Hakim can torch defenses with his speed.....

We dominated the Lions two years ago in Detroit. Now they come to Miami and face us in the HOT FLORIDA SUN!!!....

We should win this game with little trouble IMO.

PHINZ RULE!!!!

I think James Stewart is pretty good (he did torch us personally a few times in that playoff debacle), its just that the passing game will suck so badly and the offensive line isn't all that consistent...so its gonna be a rough go for him this year to get 1000 yards. He's capable of 1200 IMO.

Game definitely has the makings of a blowout. I'm more worried about a week 2 let-down because we're so high on how good a game we played against the Lions. I think I may have noticed we have a tendancy to do that...

Originally posted by ckparrothead
I think James Stewart is pretty good (he did torch us personally a few times in that playoff debacle), its just that the passing game will suck so badly and the offensive line isn't all that consistent...so its gonna be a rough go for him this year to get 1000 yards. He's capable of 1200 IMO.

Game definitely has the makings of a blowout. I'm more worried about a week 2 let-down because we're so high on how good a game we played against the Lions. I think I may have noticed we have a tendancy to do that...

Yes, J. Stewart was a very decent RB while in Jacksonville. I don't think he's the same runner he use to be though. We shouldn't have too much trouble stopping him....at least I hope not.

Week two is a big one. I'm glad we're facing the Colts early this year that's for sure. Once that defense starts playing better, the Colts could make a serious run IMO....

I'm confident that even if we do beat the Lions convincingly, Dave won't let it get to their heads. It's a long season, and each game has it's own challenges. Dave will keep them focused....

PHINZ RULE!!!! :fire:

I'm not confident that he will. It just seems like we suffer from let-downs a lot. We also bounce back from losses really well (unless its a short week).

The Colts could be scary but then again, if Edge goes down or isn't the same they are screeewweed. In that way, I would rather play them late in the year when its more likely that Edge is already injured. Week 2 he'll still have some legs under him and that man gives us fits.

They've always had a good offense, and I always expect them to put good numbers on the board....

It's the defense that kills the Colts. That's why I think it's safer playing them early while it's still improving....

PHINZ RULE!!!

Originally posted by BLITZKRIEG
They've always had a good offense, and I always expect them to put good numbers on the board....

It's the defense that kills the Colts. That's why I think it's safer playing them early while it's still improving....

PHINZ RULE!!!

If it improves. Basically they just did an entire draft of defense but didn't sign anybody. Looks more like they are hoping better schemes and some rookies make an impact or they might be almost as bad.

James Stewart is still a very good back but I think he won't play due to an injury......

To be completely honest with ya, I think Rob Morris, Mike Peterson, and Marcus Washington all have the makings of being one of the best LBer corps in the NFL. They really needed a coach to utilize their talents well.

I have said it before and I'll say it again. Back when Edgerrin was healthy, the Colts had the best offense IN THE LEAGUE. Sorry Rams. I guess this would be 2 years ago. The Colts offense was a play-action offense that controlled the ball well and threw the ball deep. No matter what you do, Edge was gonna get his 100 yards, Peyton was gonna get his 300 and Harrison was gonna get his 100 yards. The lowest number of points the Colts put on the board in that year in a single game was 14 points. The Rams on the other hand are high flying and gimmicky, and they have shown the ability to get grounded by good D-coordinators or by themselves. The Colts put points on the board, plus controlled the clock (unlike the Rams), and were marvelously consistent from game to game to game...unlike the Rams. Dungy's still got the same OC there and the same OL Coach...which is all thats important. If Edge returns to form and stays injury free...the Rams might once again have the best damned offense in the NFL.

James Stewart is hurt right now with a knee injury, so I doubt he will be at 100%. Detroit doesn't have anybody that can catch the ball in traffic. Schroeder is a speed guy as is Hakim. They only way Detroit gets 200 yards passing on us is if they have guys wide open. Anything close to a miami defender will either be knocked away, or intercepted, or just plain tough to catch because of coverage. We will beat Detroit with ease. Defense will have 5 Sacks, and 3 Turnovers. I will not comment on the offense at this time.

ESPN's Dolphins Preview says that Adewale Ogunleye will lead the league in sacks during the month of September.

I sure hope they're right. If we can return to the kind of QB pressure we had in 2000 I think we can definitely go places. Our secondary should be better than it was in 2000, our LB corp is better, and if we get the QB pressure that will definitely help. The problem is the interior DL, it worries me that we may find ourselves playing the run more like we did at the end of 2001, than at the beginning of 2001. Here's to hoping Larry Chester gets better fast.

As compared to 2000 on offense, all positions are better. TE, WR, RB, and even QB (Jay's a more experienced QB now). The only hole now is OL, and we're doing the best we can by moving Dixon to LT.

Back
Top Bottom