McMichael TD / Shockey who ??? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

McMichael TD / Shockey who ???

dofnsman4303

Practice Squad
Reaction score
Shockey who??????

I can't watch the game but all the commentaters have said about this guys is that he has had 1 outstanding one handed catch and two outstanding blocks.

unfortunately, he isn't better than Shockey yet, but is better than Graham and Stevens who are both first rounders...

Originally posted by iceblizzard69
unfortunately, he isn't better than Shockey yet, but is better than Graham and Stevens who are both first rounders...

...and you say this based on what??
He is obviously more athletic than Shockey....what may remain to be seen is if he is a better blocker and so far he hasn't disappointed me yet.

I like Shockey a lot since he went to UM, but I like McMichael more. However, I still think Shockey will be better.

All I know is I saw Shockey drop several PERFECT passes without any defenders in sight.

McMichael on the other hand turned a didn't drop anything... and even turned a BAD throw into a big play. Plus, being in Turner's system will give the advantage to McMichael when it comes to production.

I think Blitz is talking about the long run..but Bliltz, McMicheals starts also and will get the same opportunity to develope just like Shockey..plus he's also in a TE friendly system..If both stay healthy they can be two of the best TE's in Football.

It is hard to say who will be better after 1 game, but Randy has the advantage thus far. He had more yards, less drops(0 to 3), and 1 more td. Shockey did have the disadvantage of having the D game plan to stop him. I am not sure that i have ever seen a rokkie TE get so much respect. He was double teamed thru out the game last Thursday.

Originally posted by Dajesus
It is hard to say who will be better after 1 game, but Randy has the advantage thus far. He had more yards, less drops(0 to 3), and 1 more td. Shockey did have the disadvantage of having the D game plan to stop him. I am not sure that i have ever seen a rokkie TE get so much respect. He was double teamed thru out the game last Thursday.

Shockey wasn't double teamed!
San Fran played mostly zone defense which resulted in most of Shockey's routes being covered by someone...but he certainly was NOT double teamed.

Originally posted by Superself

Shockey wasn't double teamed!
San Fran played mostly zone defense which resulted in most of Shockey's routes being covered by someone...but he certainly was NOT double teamed.

He was covered by Tony Parrish a lot though. They brought their best safety up to cover him.

Come on guys, Shockey had all the hype to deal with, alot of pressure from his town on him and it got to him a little to make a big play.

I think Shockey is gonna be great and prob better than McMichael in the long run...he's bigger and has been able to keep his weight on...McMichael is a glorified WR.

I love Randy, and I see some Pro-Bowls for him...but I just see Shockey being a little better overall.

Of course, I thought Fletch was gonna be better than Smoot as well.

Back
Top Bottom