McMike has been underutilized in MIA... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

McMike has been underutilized in MIA...

McMike's 2005 Stats will be closest to...

• 70 rec, 1000 yds, 6 TDs

Votes: 16 34.0%
  • 50 rec, 750 yds, 4 TDs

Votes: 26 55.3%
  • 30 rec, 500 yds , 3 TDs

Votes: 5 10.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Fins 34 Bills 3

Practice Squad
Reaction score
Who else believes McMike was underutlized the past few years? I mean, he always started out on fire. This guy is a GEM in my book and should be good for 70 rec 1,000 yds and 5-6 TD's this year. Every time he cathces the ball, he make a flashy statement and creates a positive winning team atmosphere.

We need McMike doing his thing on the gridiron all day long!

I think Chambers will be better utilized and McMike gets between 50 and 60 catches.

Fins 34 said:
Who else believes McMike was underutlized the past few years? I mean, he always started out on fire. This guy is a GEM in my book and should be good for 70 rec 1,000 yds and 5-6 TD's this year. Every time he cathces the ball, he make a flashy statement and creates a positive winning team atmosphere.

We need McMike doing his thing on the gridiron all day long!
I think McMike is to blame for much of his failure to become a super star. He had a domestic situation that distracted him last off season, and he clearly played under his level many games. I can think of at least a half dozen passes he dropped that were right in his hands at key points in the game last season. Thats on him.

Playmakers dont do that. He needs a better focus, less mouthing off, and more plays.

Every offensive player, other than Ricky Williams, has been underutilized the past 5 years or so.

DOLFANMIKE said:
I think McMike is to blame for much of his failure to become a super star. He had a domestic situation that distracted him last off season, and he clearly played under his level many games. I can think of at least a half dozen passes he dropped that were right ni his hands at key points in the game last season. Thats on him.

Playmakers dont do that. He needs a better focus, less mouthing off, and more plays.

every player on the team lost his focus 2nd half the season.....

DOLFANMIKE said:
I think McMike is to blame for much of his failure to become a super star. He had a domestic situation that distracted him last off season, and he clearly played under his level many games. I can think of at least a half dozen passes he dropped that were right ni his hands at key points in the game last season. Thats on him.

I disagree that his "domestic situation" has anything to do with it. I would agree he loses focus. It's his own fault he hasn't been a superstar (yet claims he is).

I definately think Chambers was the one was underutilized. For the first 4 games, McMike was about the only offense we could muster.

Noodle Arm said:
Every offensive player, other than Ricky Williams, has been underutilized the past 5 years or so.

Except Jay Fiedler...He was overutilized...WAY overutilized

McMike was absoluitely NOT underutilized. Look at TE stats over the last 10 years and you will see that McMike received a very high number ot receptions and targets in 2004. He was one of the few players on offense that was used correctly imo.

McMike better get some focus factor, I don't care what his stats say in relation to the rest of the league each game comes down to a handful of plays and too many times at too crucial of a situation he either false stard, dropped a catchable pass, or failed to pick up a blitz. He is not a particularly strong blocker. He's a leader? that MAY be true, but the mental part of his game is not up to par with the physical. That whole thing with harrison made me look at him differently, not because he talked ish, but because he didn't/couldn't back it up. I would argue that he has as much proving to do as feely. If he wants the big money he better step up and play big...

wiggins (TE) was the vikes leading wr last year, so if you think MC is not better and wont get more than 50 catches you must have inside info no one else does.

I wouldn't say McMichael was underutilized at all, he lead out team with the most catches last year. If anything, Chris Chambers and Marty Booker are being underutilized, but I think Randy McMichael will continue to have a good season like last year. I'm thinking around 55-60 catches, under 1000 yards, but I'm hoping much more than 4 TD's.. maybe 6 TD's. Last year was a GREAT season for him, infact it was his best season in the NFL yet. If it wasn't for Antonio Gates coming out of nowhere, he would've been with Tony Gonzales in Honolulu in my honest opinion.

Back
Top Bottom