mcnair in 06' ?? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

mcnair in 06' ??

nolefin

thank you
Reaction score
I was just thinking and it sounds crazy but i think mcnair could be a fin next year and here is why. he is due a 50million dollar bonus in 06 he will never see it. the titans will more than likely get the top pick in the 06 draft and they will draft matt lineart, they are in total rebuild mode. by next year imo we will be a contender and mcnair is a upgrade to feeley and gus. also mcnair would love to play with his friends carter and schulters(if we get him).
mcnair has had some injuries but he is not that old, just a thought you never know! we could get mcnair and draft a qb to groom.

Seriously, why are you even thinking this? :shakeno: McNair was basically out the whole year last year and you want to bring him in due to him playing in pain the whole time. I mean if we are going to something that drastic, lets give Berlin a contract and see what he does. McNair is definitely done.

McNair would be a good option if we were sure he still wanted to play football and if he showed he could stay healthy a little.

He's got more talent in his non-throwing arm than in both the throwing arms of AJ Feeley and Gus Frerotte combined. I'm sorry, but it is true. He's been a winner before, he's gotten his team to the Super Bowl and came close to winning it. He's been an MVP and deserved it. He has always been perennially underrated if you ask me. The real question is, can he reach that level again with his shoulder the way it is. I don't know. That is something we would have to evaluate next year.

McNair is all used up. I seriously doubt he will ever make it through another complete season without either being sidelined with an injury or at best playing through an injuy that severly affects his performance. 5 years ago he would have been a great pickup (instead of whatshisname from Jax). Now we would be better off without him.

hey its just a thought that's all, mcnair was hurt alot last year but he has fully recoverd.

wow dumbest idea ive heard.you sound like wasingtons owner in that u want to sign anybody whos name you recognize.find a new hobby soon.

Surfing Finheaven may be a hobby you won't continue to have if you insult posters like that. Don't do that again - Mod

foobitt1 said:
wow dumbest idea ive heard.you sound like wasingtons owner in that u want to sign anybody whos name you recognize.find a new hobby soon.
:ban:

foobitt1 said:

How is it such a dumb idea? I think with the proper protection McNair could still be an excellent QB. I think it all depends on how our QB's fair this year though. If both Feely and Freotte fail, I think Mcnair would be a great guy to start in front of a young qb we draft next year. He could teach a rookie alot about the game, and help his transition into the nfl alot easier.

yankeehillbilly said:
McNair is all used up. I seriously doubt he will ever make it through another complete season without either being sidelined with an injury or at best playing through an injuy that severly affects his performance. 5 years ago he would have been a great pickup (instead of whatshisname from Jax). Now we would be better off without him.
''
Obliviously you haven't been keeping up with him, he was just spot lighted on NFL Total Access last week for minicamp..He's in great health, and had a personal trainer this offseason, he's lost weight and looked great. He loves the new O they have and is running around like he did a couple of years ago. Said this is the best he's felt in the last couple of years.

rickysux said:
I was just thinking and it sounds crazy but i think mcnair could be a fin next year and here is why. he is due a 50million dollar bonus in 06 he will never see it. the titans will more than likely get the top pick in the 06 draft and they will draft matt lineart, they are in total rebuild mode. by next year imo we will be a contender and mcnair is a upgrade to feeley and gus. also mcnair would love to play with his friends carter and schulters(if we get him).
mcnair has had some injuries but he is not that old, just a thought you never know! we could get mcnair and draft a qb to groom.

chawk it if we get a qb out of the nfl it will be brees :evil:

McNair's shoulder is fine, it's his sternum that got him IR'd last year. I tend to agree that McNair is underrated. I would like to see him come to Miami and try to win a starting job. This man is a MAN. He plays through pain, knows how to win games and wins games. At the very least if he showed up in Miami he could coach a young QB to stardom. We are in rebuilding mode, so signing a vet for 2-3 years as a last hurrah is a great idea as long as we have a pupil on the sidelines.

Back
Top Bottom