"McPherson a bigger risk than Clarett" | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

"McPherson a bigger risk than Clarett"

Mcpherson messed up when he was 18 years old, I think Clarett did his thing at 20. Either way both are young, but Clarett has a bad attitude, Mcpherson has shown a positive side and admitting his guilt and just showing maturity, CLarett didnt like what he did at the combine so he gave up. This is football, I dont care if you are lossing 48-0 you dont give up and you give your all until the whistle can be heard. I like Mcpherson maybe I am biased sicne I have seen him play since HS, maybe its b/c this kid has everything you want in a QB, if he didnt screw up at FSU, he would be a top 10 pick and probably rank ahead of Smith and Rodger, IMHO.

Clarette's performance at the combine hurt him. Alot. Not only did he fail to impress anyone with a 40 yd dash that could be timed on a calender, but he then gave up, raising questions about how much heart he has. That, in addition to his past baggage will keep him from being drafted on day 1.
McPherson, while being a thief, gambler, and forger, at least could show some talent when asked to do so. He also refused to give up the dream of playing pro ball by continuing to work out and having a stint in the AFL.

I agree with you in that I don't really want either one of them in a Phins uniform. But, if I had to choose one to give another chance it would probably be McPherson, simply because he seems to have the talent to take advantage of that chance. Just make sure all his teammates know to not leave their checkbooks in their lockers.

The only reason I like McPhearson over Clarett is the way they handled their respective "baggage." While Clarett proceeded to blast OSU and talk bad about all of the coaches and staff there, McPhearson took his punishment went to the AFL "did his time" and has earned a shot at the NFL. Clarett on the other hand didnt even earn the right to show up to the combine, he had to sue his way in....:shakeno:

McPherson and Clarett are two examples of players we do NOT need on this team. We need guys who don't break the law or you can go ahead and call us the "New Cowboys".

Some young people make mistakes and actually learn from them. I myself just got arrested for drinking and driving(which I got just got reduced to wreckless driving, thank God), and yet I now dont let anyone drink a lil a drive. I am 21 now, and I have learned completey, it is not worth the hassel of it all. I have so much to complete do to this incident, it is not funny. But honestly I am thankful I did not hurt anyone else, and I gaurentee I will never do it again. I have grown up from it what is to say they didnt grow up from what they did?

djfresh47 said:
http://www.sportingnews.com/experts/dan-pompei/20050414a.html

I agree, with him and think alot of Dolfans are looking at him with "rose-colored glasses." Personally I don't want to see either one in a Dolphins uniform, but I think alot people are letting McPherson slide because of his past, while it is far worse than Clarett's.

McPherson's past may be a little worse, true, BUT, he has learned from it and has showed that he has grown from it. Clarett on the other hand is nothing but a big damn crybaby. He quit the combine after those slow 40 times he posted. So who is the bigger risk, a 22yr old AFL star, or a 20-something has been, Which is really sad being so young and already washed up!!!!:shakeno:

The difference between McPherson and Clarett is personality. McPherson made a bad mistake at a young age and realized it and is trying to prove to people he is a different person. Clarett has constantly showed laziness and no character. He showed up to the combine last year out of shape, he accused OSU's boosters of wrongdoing out of spite, he has skipped events to show him in a positive ligh, and then walked out of his workout at the combine. McPherson has loads of talent. He may never realize his potential, but make no mistake it is there.

Heres the thing with clarrett. He was AWESOME at Ohio state. (Ohio state fan along with hurricanes fan, man that bowl game was tough) and the kid can straight out play. His situation is straight ****ed up. NCAA violations, and a media debacle. He claimed his school, and other schools, did alot of things against NCAA policy. Basically he was a snitch. What else did he do? Challenge the NFL drafts ruling to try and enter it? What else?

his combine showing hurt, cause he walked off. He was frustrated. Is a a risk? Yes. Is he hard on himself, I believe yes. But he worked his *** off to improve his downfalls from the combine.

Whoever takes the risk on him late, is going to get paid! He will perform, and he will be tradable after a season or two. Spend a 6th or 7th on him, and possibly have a franchise RB or a RB to trade for a 2nd or a 1st???? Yeah, its a risk. Is saban a gambling man? Me, I love the craps table in vegas. I would roll the dice. We're rebuilding. WHats a 6th round choice? Possibly a #1 pick for you to help rebuild.

uh....how many of you have ever or never placed a bet? Not in the office pool....not online....? Come on.....give me a break. McPherson did something relatively foolish for being in the position he was in....but hardly something like writing bad checks, selling drugs, or date raping a girl on campus. Since then...he's strived to show that he is a good kid and has stayed out of any trouble while and played in Arena ball and was the Offensive MVP. IMHO I think he'd be a better QB then Rodgers or Smith.

Mcphersons the QB from florida who gambled right?

I've considered him a possible choice for us at QB. Hes going late, and the kid was great, and could be a steal.

Buffalo took a gamble with mcgahee (Spelled wrong I know) and look how it payed off. Some of these "off the field problems" are a joke.

Tommatt said:
Heres the thing with clarrett. He was AWESOME at Ohio state. (Ohio state fan along with hurricanes fan, man that bowl game was tough) and the kid can straight out play. His situation is straight ****ed up. NCAA violations, and a media debacle. He claimed his school, and other schools, did alot of things against NCAA policy. Basically he was a snitch. What else did he do? Challenge the NFL drafts ruling to try and enter it? What else?

his combine showing hurt, cause he walked off. He was frustrated. Is a a risk? Yes. Is he hard on himself, I believe yes. But he worked his *** off to improve his downfalls from the combine.

Whoever takes the risk on him late, is going to get paid! He will perform, and he will be tradable after a season or two. Spend a 6th or 7th on him, and possibly have a franchise RB or a RB to trade for a 2nd or a 1st???? Yeah, its a risk. Is saban a gambling man? Me, I love the craps table in vegas. I would roll the dice. We're rebuilding. WHats a 6th round choice? Possibly a #1 pick for you to help rebuild.

If he was available in the 7th I would still avoid him!!! The minute he doesn't start, I can see him making up some accusations about Coach Saban or our organization. And about your rebuilding comment, we don't need to rebuild, all we needed last year was a little better play from a couple positions (OL & RB) and we could have possibly had a .500 record.

NorthFloridaFin said:
If he was available in the 7th I would still avoid him!!! The minute he doesn't start, I can see him making up some accusations about Coach Saban or our organization. And about your rebuilding comment, we don't need to rebuild, all we needed last year was a little better play from a couple positions (OL & RB) and we could have possibly had a .500 record.

Oh i agree, we could have had a 500 or better record last year. I also believe we can be in the playoffs this year. My comment was on sabans plan, he says hes planning long term, not short term, which is my rebuilding comment came from.

As for clarett, I agree he could cause problems. Obviously, drafted in the 7th round, hes going to have **** for pay. If he comes inand produces, hes going to want more, and probably sit out. But name a team that dosn't have this problem!

LOOK AT TO!!! I actually liked this guy after the SB, now, I'm back to my same old opinion of him. Does he deserve to be paid more? Probably. He is either the #1, #2, or #2 reciever in the league. And what he did for the SB was amazing. I had bets on the pats, before the year started (Yes, I'ma dolphins fan, but facts are facts. I knew NE was going to the SB before the seasons, and placed bets on it, and for them to win it) but during the game, seeing him play like he did, I wanted the Eagles to win. I wanted TO to be MVP. HE DESERVED IT!!! But now........

Off my rant, at 7th round, clarett is a steal. The boy can play. He'll want a pay raise, but hey, thats where a trade for a 1st or 2nd rounder comes in for such a young RB.

Back
Top Bottom