Mcpherson a free agent or in draft? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Mcpherson a free agent or in draft?

testtubetimmy

Supreme Lord Emperor
Reaction score
Quick question. The threads earlier commented about how we should take Mcpherson if we had a second round pick. But from what I was told, he wasnt entering the draft, that he was a free agent. Can someone clear this up for me?

How is he a FA? He's never been in the NFL before.

He also left college to play in the arena league. so im not sure if theres a loop hole there, or whatever. I assumed he'd be in the draft.

There is no loophole he's three years out of high school.

I'm pretty sure the way it works is if you are playing in what the NFL would consider a Minor League, you can enter the draft. Eric Swann was drafted out of Semi Pro (Arizona). McPherson could wait another year and be an undrafted free agent, but he would lose ALOT of money by not entering the draft. He will make WAY more money by being drafted.

testtubetimmy said:
Quick question. The threads earlier commented about how we should take Mcpherson if we had a second round pick. But from what I was told, he wasnt entering the draft, that he was a free agent. Can someone clear this up for me?
:roflmao: :eek: :roflmao: :cry: :roflmao: :shakeno:

he doesnt have to go in the draft though, does he? Because, if he was already out of college last year, he could be considered an undrafted free agent...

Doktor Ivel said:
he doesnt have to go in the draft though, does he? Because, if he was already out of college last year, he could be considered an undrafted free agent...

nope

while gamble on this kid.... take Orton or another proven QB...

this guys is a waste...

Back
Top Bottom