Mcpherson in the 2nd? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Mcpherson in the 2nd?

Adrian McPherson has potential to be Mike Vick that can actually hit his recievers between the numbers. It's my completely honest oppinion that he is the most talented QB in the draft.

If we get a 2nd pick, I hope we spend it on him.

I agree 100%, this guy is going to be something special, and I wouldnt mind taking him in the second.

I'm still trying to figure out how a guy who completed less than 50% of his passes at the college level is a great prospect?

Maybe he'll become a WR in the NFL where the darker side of players is accepted, or even encouraged in some instances.

many experts believe he is the most talented QB in the draft, just with past issues that is causing him to drop. i would like him to be taking in the third. i think the bucs got the 37 pick, thats a bit high i think for him.

KB21 said:
I'm still trying to figure out how a guy who completed less than 50% of his passes at the college level is a great prospect?

Because he got better:

McPherson completed 209 of 352 passes (59.4 percent) for 2,965 yards, 56 touchdowns and only five interceptions in fourteen games. He also scored 18 times on 59 carries for 257 yards (4.4 avg).

touborg said:
Because he got better:

Was that at the college level?

There are a lot of Arena League quarterbacks that have put up even better numbers that can't play in the NFL.

McPherson is just the latest prospect that gets people hyped up due to his mobility, even though he has a scattershot arm at best and has no feel for the passing game.

KB21 said:

B/c he was a rookie at the collegiate level. It's like going from peewee's to HS, theres a big change, HS to college, and college to the NFL. He played well at FSU. His percentages were not great, had he been there longer he would have gotten them up, but he messed up and never got to fully prove himself.

I have been the one saying since day 1, this kid is gifted, I still feel that he will be the steal of the draft, he is an amazing athlete, and he messed up at the age of 18, who hasnt??? He has admitted to his mistakes and just wants to move on. He said he has learned and gave good interviews. Yes still a risk, but a risk I would be willing to make.

he wouldnt be a terrible pick up, but not in the second, he'll still be on the board in the third round, it would be better to spend a pick in the second on a position with a tad more priority, and on a player who isnt going to be there 30+ picks later.

KB21 said:

There are a lot of Arena League quarterbacks that have put up even better numbers that can't play in the NFL.

McPherson is just the latest prospect that gets people hyped up due to his mobility, even though he has a scattershot arm at best and has no feel for the passing game.

I am not hyped about his mobility, it is a plus, but I have seen him in HS, college, and AFL. The kid has an amazing arm. Stregth, accuracy, and in my mind has the feel for a passing game. I could see him being Linehan's Culpepper in a couple years, he does need somemore experience, no doubt. If not for the Dolphins, he will be going to the Cardinals in my opinion.

KB21 said:
AGREED!! Do we really need another Adrian McPherson thread saying we need to grab him as fast as possible???????

A 2nd round pick???? Come on people!

There are also lots of college players that put up excellent numbers but can't play in the NFL, what's your point?

touborg said:
Adrian McPherson has potential to be Mike Vick that can actually hit his recievers between the numbers. It's my completely honest oppinion that he is the most talented QB in the draft.

If we get a 2nd pick, I hope we spend it on him.
If you watched Mike Vick and AD Mcpherson against college competition at the same stage of development you would not be writing this. He is a project that is worth a risk but not in Mike Vick's class.

Back
Top Bottom