Meanwhile, at the "C" position... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Meanwhile, at the "C" position...

xiidaen

FinHeaven.com Evangelist
Reaction score
I saw this blurb on PFT a while back:

"The Steelers hope to sign C Chukky Okobi to a long-term deal; if they can't, he'll receive the "lowe" RFA tender of $628,000, which would give the team a right to match and a fifth-round pick if they let him walk."

Anyone know anything about this guy? Might he be a good choice for a 5th round pick?

I am not sold on McKinny - articles last year about his slowness to pick up the line calls concerned me, and we need quality backup anyway. Woody? I think he'll be expensive and hard to get, while also having some injury problems potentially -- but I can deal with that solution.

Any ideas?

Center is a difficult position to learn in the NFL, they call and change blocking schemes which means they have to read the defense, and in todays NFL with defenses playing 3-4, 4-3 and zone blitz coverages it's a big learning experiance, McKinney will be fine. IMO

First of all you have to love LOU!!

If Mckinney struggles at center then what about him playing guard? Could we bring back Ruddy back for less!!!

We may get Ruddy back for less.That would be a good assumption.

I think that Seth is at best an average guard but I think he'll be a solid center for us. Is his natural position and he'll do better there than at guard.

Ozzy rules!!

i would like to see miami sign chris bober of the ny giants.. he is a starting caliber center .. and he is a good one... i know abit about him i live in the ny/nj area see him play alot.. he's worth it!!!

The Giants line this year was a mess though.

I think McKinney deserves the chance to play through a full season to work out whatever jitters and ticks he's showing in practice that have made us nervous. Whether that be at LG where he could work to become like a Mark Dixon clone, or whether that be at his more natural position center, he still deserves the shot to start and be able to work through his problems in a full season instead of spot duty.

I would like the Steelers C, I forget his name though. He had a bad injury year, but is a great C.

don't count put bober of ny.. he is solid.. despite the problems ny had last season.. they had 3 rookies starting.. not bobers fault.. he is good.. and young too

That is why i say get Rahaun Woods and Jake Grove (if we get picks for Ogun). you could probably trade down and get another pick and get Grove.

Back
Top Bottom