Measuring "Football Speed", "Power and Explosion" | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Measuring "Football Speed", "Power and Explosion"

RUDEbyallMEANS

Perennial All-Pro
Reaction score
2 Very nice articles on how the combine numbers can be used to find out which players have that hidden "quickness" that is sometimes missed out on in draft day and then realized on football sundays.

Need For Speed

Measuring Power and Explosion

One name that pops out on both of those articles is David Pollack. EVERYONE knows that the 40 time is VASTLY OVERRATED. Year after year, players "fall down draft boards", so they say, because of disappointing 40 yard dash times that contradict the players ability on the field as a football player.

I thought these 2 articles were very interesting. I'll ;eave it to you guys to discuss.

Thanks, I knew that I hadn't seen your name before, and for you to have over 2000, well you either got it under a different name, or you spent a lot time in the trash talk forum.

Good articles.

Boy Pollack and Merriman are quite enticing, aren't they. If we are able to trade down, you've got to feel like one of these guys could end up with an aqua jersey on. Especially if the trade is with Minnesota (#7, #18). With Saban's penchant for bigger DEs (so it seems), you'd think Merriman more than Pollack.

Back
Top Bottom