Meathead admits he duped Spielman | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Meathead admits he duped Spielman

Jnaledu3

Perennial All-Pro
Reaction score
Mike Tice admitted that he duped Spielman into giving up a 4th rounder to move up 1 spot iin last years draft.

Vikings coach Mike Tice privately admitted he bluffed the Dolphins into making the trade. Adding insult to the trade, the Dolphins selected offensive lineman Vernon Carey after moving up. But Carey was unable to crack the starting lineup of one of the league's worst offensive lines last year.

How could you get fooled by this guy? Come on! Mike Tice?? Was Spielman the blind kid that Jim Carey sold the dead bird to in Dumb and Dumber?

This alone should have been enough to can Spielman. Spielman apologists should be happy that he resigned and didnt get fired.

http://www.miami.com/mld/miamiherald/sports/football/11813825.htm

More proof that Spielman was a horrible GM.

And this is the same guy who missed his pick in the draft ?.
Its one thing to be taken to school by a shark like Rosenhaus but Mike Tice ?

byroan said:
More proof that Spielman was a horrible GM.

yet just about every post last year was on here saying how great carey was going to be and how he immeditaly would contribute.

Well Mike Tice can say whatever he wants he his the guy that forgot to make his selection couple of years back :rofl3:

I also will add this... When did Wanny ever give a chance to a rookie???

There are a couple but in what 5 years he gave maybe 2 or 3 rookies the chance to start... but I wont start getting High blood pressure thinking about that

i rest my case!

Fooled by Mike Tice. Time for Rick to buy a shack in Montana and go into hiding.

I dont think minny "missed" their pick, I think they let the guy drop a couple of spots so they could pay him less.

...Hmmmm I wonder when Andy Reid will go public that he "duped" Speilman in with the AJ trade??:evil:

bryan allen said:
I dont think minny "missed" their pick, I think they let the guy drop a couple of spots so they could pay him less.

Not how it works from what i believe. If you don't make a pick and let a couple teams go before you, then you still pay the guy from the spot you were sloted to pick at.

Not to mention Minny did it twice. The first time KC actually took the guy they wanted and they didn't get the DT who ended up in KC because Minny screwed the whole thing up.

I bet if everyone whoever duped Mike Tice came forward that there would be enough people to fill a stadium. It must be pretty nice for them to kick a man when he's down. I thought it was really respectful of Spielman to step down like he did and now we've got stories like this coming out. It's just really pathetic.

The fact that they did it twice suggests it was intentional. A player gets paid on where he is picked, to suggest that a player who dropos from the middle of the 1st to the late 2nd would get mid 1st pay doesnt make sense

MikeO said:
Not how it works from what i believe. If you don't make a pick and let a couple teams go before you, then you still pay the guy from the spot you were sloted to pick at.

Not to mention Minny did it twice. The first time KC actually took the guy they wanted and they didn't get the DT who ended up in KC because Minny screwed the whole thing up.

yeah KC took Ryan Simms and the Vikes got Bryant McKinney, and the next year did the same thing and got Kevin Williams. Boy those two drafts sure turned out poorly for them. :shakeno:

wasn't minny the one that had the time clock fiasco in the draft two years ago. passing on my boy wr rashaun woods and selecting vernon carey was what i thought was a bad idea because we could have signed a vet olman if wanny wasn't a penny pinching gober. wanny and rick will always be the skipper and gilligan of the nfl.:mad:

"can someone pass me a beer , i just ran my lawnmower into a swimming pool and i am thirsty" the sagaious mercury 40

Back
Top Bottom