Media Vs. Dolphins | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Media Vs. Dolphins

musk

Practice Squad
Reaction score
Miami, FL going to school in Champaign, IL
many of you have posted articles and quotes from recent media ramblings that have the dolphins doomed because of the following

1) departure of ricky
2) getting boston a "bad move"
3) getting feeley
4) the rest of the crazy offseason happenings

although i tend to agree w/ a lot of what the media is saying. i dont like boston from his past (susbstance alligations, bad attitude) but maybe now that hes on a winning team he will change. i dont like the feeley thing because a 3rd stringer is not going to come in and save your passing game.

but i do agree a lot w/ many of you. the media is taking the ricky event as an excuse to take its shots on the dolphins and dooming us to a season of the AFC east cellar w/o one regular season snap. there is still so much that can happen in the next 40 days w/ the coaching staff and what adjustments they will make.

just try to look at the dolphins from a skeptical point of view.
1) boston has a bad history w/ other teams and performance.
2) feeley is a 3rd string qb that the dolphins gave up a 2nd round pick for
3) the dolphins starting TE was arrested
4) 75% of the dolphins offense just left town

there is still plenty of offseason left. most of us have come to an agreement that minor will be able to do the job regardless if our reasonings come from lack of another solution. like i said, maybe boston will shine now that he has a legit chance of making the playoffs and maybe feeley will fit into the dolphins offensive system more than he did of andy ried's. if you are an optimist then these are the thoughts you should have in your head every time you read something negative in the media.

for me, i am still a skeptic (as i always will be). until the dolphins bring in a dan marino jr i will never be an optimist. that is just the way i am. i have had to much disapointment in my dolphins life to be an optimist. just remember, the media NEVER picked the marlins to win the world series, they never picked shaq going to miami, they picked tampa to win it all last year, they never picked randy johnson to go to the dodgers, and they picked the cubs to win the world series. the media is and always will be wrong. that is how the story goes. so from now until sept. you will see negative articles on the dolphins. just forget it. we will make our opinions once the season starts.

think of it this way, if the media picks the dolphins to do horrible maybe they'll win the superbowl.

Just win baby...and this will cure all the skepticism... The media really has not been kind to us since the post shula days... They didn't have any choice because shula and the Dolphins of that era had earned that.. This is a now society...It will be put up or shut up... Frankly, i don't think the players get to caught up on this negative media hype...The only positive thing is that it could be used as motivation to prove the critics wrong...

Back
Top Bottom