Meet Miami's new #1 draft pick in the 2013 NFL draft. shocking...... | Page 20 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Meet Miami's new #1 draft pick in the 2013 NFL draft. shocking......

Status
Not open for further replies.
Amazed to see people impressed with Enduros "sources". Like he's the only person who saw a trade up coming. We have a crapload of picks this year, why wouldn't we have traded up? Just totally missed the mark...

well now thats its over I can give you some info. We have had the trade in the works for the last week. Joekel was the original target. Miami was 95% sure jags would take Dion Jordan. Boom Joekel is there for the taking. When Joekel was taken by the jags Jeff told the raiders that he wanted to pull the trade off the table. Raider had counted on that trade so they decided to only accept only our 2nd to keep to the script. Joekel would have been two picks. I know the Miami staff is happy to have Dion Jordan as they did not expect him to be there.

In my own defense I told you one team could screw it up and they did. I also told you that the compensation would be cheaper than you think. and it was. Today look for miami to be on the move again. Jeff said he will be moving around again today.

whip away but I will be back. lol....

[video=youtube;WrjwaqZfjIY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WrjwaqZfjIY[/video]

Suprised to see we were able to move up that far and only gave up pick 42. You were spot on with lowereing the value of the draft chart.
Also the pick was suprsing to me. Definitely a need. We have to be able to get Brady on the ground if we have any chance of winning the division.
Giving 2 picks for one impact player makes sense when we have so many other draft picks in our pocket.

What Adam Shefter said made it obvious about supply and demand,but I never thought it would be just the 2nd at 3. I figured the 12,42 for the Eagles 4th.We owe the Raiders a favor now.

Not all the teams would have bit on that offer with Tavon and Milliner still on the board.Miami being so close only 9 picks lower was the main reason it went down.The Chargers 1st(11) wanted OT and wanted to move up but I feel the Raiders wouldn't have traded within the same division or the Raiders would have squeezed more out of the Chargers to do so.

The Eagles,Detroit,Browns or the Jets would have taken Dion Jordon if we didnt. Thats 4th, 5th,6th or 9th IMO.

I had 4 needs on my wish list for the fins, OT/CB/TE/OLB I thought we would go Luke Joeckel, Jamar Taylor, Zach Ertz, Cory Lemonier, and Swope

Last edited by a moderator:
At odds with the accounts that when hearing Jordan was the player the coaching staff most coveted, he gave them the approval to do whatever was within their power to acquire him. Presumably that meant throwing a bunch more picks as inducements, but fortunately Ireland came up smelling like a rose, and stealing that one :up:

Let's be objective about this---enduro called the trade up to 3 at least a day or two before other folks started mentioning it on the major outlets. If JAX had taken Jordan then we'd have had Joeckel. No he didn't get the final answer right, but the partial credit is pretty significant in this case...I'm 90% sure he had some inside info on this.

well now thats its over I can give you some info. We have had the trade in the works for the last week. Joekel was the original target. Miami was 95% sure jags would take Dion Jordan. Boom Joekel is there for the taking. When Joekel was taken by the jags Jeff told the raiders that he wanted to pull the trade off the table. Raider had counted on that trade so they decided to only accept only our 2nd to keep to the script. Joekel would have been two picks. I know the Miami staff is happy to have Dion Jordan as they did not expect him to be there.

In my own defense I told you one team could screw it up and they did. I also told you that the compensation would be cheaper than you think. and it was. Today look for miami to be on the move again. Jeff said he will be moving around again today.

whip away but I will be back. lol....

Then why is it coming out now that Ireland coveted Jordan for weeks? And why does your version of events contradict with what Ross and Ireland themselves say happened...?

Let's be objective about this---enduro called the trade up to 3 at least a day or two before other folks started mentioning it on the major outlets. If JAX had taken Jordan then we'd have had Joeckel. No he didn't get the final answer right, but the partial credit is pretty significant in this case...I'm 90% sure he had some inside info on this.

People with no inside info said we were looking to trade up to #3 so not sure why he deserves insider credit.

I believe Enduro. I think if Jax takes Jordan we trade for Joeckel absolutely. I can see the two picks as compensation as well. For Jordan the deal to move up was so good that Jeff pulled the trigger. Do you guys really think the Dolphins are gonna come out and say yeah the Jags screwed up our plan we really wanted Joeckel but for the Raiders price we couldn't say no......Jordan is a great propsect and we do need another pass rusher. All that Albert smokescreen was not for Dion Jordan.

:bobdole:

So enduro doesn't even have to explain why he was wrong, his groupies are going to do it for him...?

:bobdole:

So enduro doesn't even have to explain why he was wrong, his groupies are going to do it for him...?
let me get back to you from the groupie pile after our day two draft. if we get swope Enduro will get partial credit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom