Meet The Rookies: Brandon Jones | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Meet The Rookies: Brandon Jones

Fin Fan in Cali

Fins Up!
Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score

1593476424493.png

Bypassing any pleasantries, University of Texas Head Coach Tom Herman could hardly wait to rave about the star safety who helped establish the culture of the football program. A team captain that set the expectation for the Longhorns on the field, in the weight room and everywhere in between, Brandon Jones took pride in his role as a leader.
Once a week, the Longhorn football captains visit a local children's hospital in Austin. There, Jones developed a special bond with 14-year-old Jayden Morton, a cancer survivor who had his leg amputated.

"He genuinely cares, Herman said. "For some guys, it's a necessary evil of having the position of being a captain at Texas, or being a prominent player at Texas. For Brandon, it really mattered and it was important to him. He carried that relationship far beyond the 20-minute interaction in the hospital and that didn't surprise those of us that know him. That's who he is."
The mission of the weekly visits is to spread some cheer for those brave boys and girls undergoing treatment, but Jones' gratitude for what he gets in return is immense. In Jayden, Jones finds the true test of character and what it really means to be courageous.

Nice read and job by Travis.

High character guy, One of many this staff seems to look for.

Character, accountability and no problem
leading men. If you want that as your culture it is easy to instill that if the guys you bring in already have that mentality and foundation to their person.

Got a feeling that while the staff and front office believe in these players talent; they feel more strongly that their character and mentality will have them giving the skin off their back for this staff. And that will win a lot of football games.

Not to mention Jones seems hella smart, didn’t he memorize like 100 plays for each team because he could only interview his injury made it so he couldn’t work out. Yeah I can’t think of many people I know who could do that.

I am very familiar with his football accomplishments and talent, I was stoked when we drafted him. None of that even compares to reading about him visiting Children's hospital's. He's a better man than I am.

I haven't bought a jersey in 15 years but he might be the one that gets me to "waste" my money again.

FYI......Last jersey I bought was Duante Culpepper's so hence the self ban on jersey purchases.

I was gifted a Ryan Tannehill jersey a few years back, I'm very proud to own that one and likely would've bought it myself if someone else hadn't.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom