Mel Kiper And Todd Mcshay's Laughably Bad 3-round Mock Drafts | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Mel Kiper And Todd Mcshay's Laughably Bad 3-round Mock Drafts

I am not a fan of Gary. Freak athlete with little production on a talented defense. When I watch him I get bored, he does nothing for the most of the game as he appears to loaf around and then might have one or two good plays. I’m not an expert by any stretch but the bust risk seems too high.

Personally I think Chase Winovich is the better player, that guy is all over the field.

I agree on Gary. What I am unsure on is where Winovich might be selected.

I take it you guys didn't watch a lot of Michigan games...

The reason a guy like Winovich had the success he did was because Gary was eating up 2 and 3 blocker. He did the dirty work to allow other to eat. Unselfish player.

Winovich is a day 2 player...can go anywhere from mid round 2 to late round 3.

If we take a safety in the second round, my head may explode.

We lack depth in the secondary but we at least have 2 stars back there. What the heck do we have on DL and OL?

Even though I wouldn't like one so early, I'd be okay with a CB. But another safety? With so many holes? Yeah, I'd be disappointed.

We lack depth in the secondary but we at least have 2 stars back there. What the heck do we have on DL and OL?

Even though I wouldn't like one so early, I'd be okay with a CB. But another safety? With so many holes? Yeah, I'd be disappointed.
Corner? I’m cool with a corner anytime. You can never have too many. A safety though? In the second round? **** that ****. That would be insanely dumb, given our current depth chart.

As much as I dislike those drafts as a whole...Gary is as likely a pick at 13 as many others and honestly, we could do a lot worse.

I so hate the shoulder injury thing in football -- your shoulders and like

protectors and weapons at the same time... Just seems to me recovering

from any significant shoulder injury really never happens in football.

Especially at the Pro level -- combine lifting + practice + games = stress

Just saw Gary highlights. He looks solid and you've got to love that size.

Why was his production so low?

How bad was his injury?

i can almost guarantee that we won't draft a day 2 QB. The value is just not there. Either Round 1, or day 3

Would be content with Gary, but not my preferred choice at 1, but both 2nd and 3rd round picks no. I still think that we should go BPA at D line O line for the first 3 rounds, then LB.

Clelin Ferrell/Dexter Lawrence/Ed Oliver/Garrett Bradbury/Cody Ford in the 1st
Chase Winovich/David Edwards/Oshane Ximines/Zach Allan in the 2nd
Beau Benzshawel/Joe Jackson/Khalen Saunders/Terrill Hanks in the 3rd

Gary at #13 wouldn't be bad and I like the corner from Penn State. Finley in R2 seems high to me.

The reason a guy like Winovich had the success he did was because Gary was eating up 2 and 3 blocker. He did the dirty work to allow other to eat. Unselfish player.

Thank you.... many do not possess such aptitude and see the frame but not the picture.:good:

You’re right I haven’t watched a lot of Michigan games but I have watched 3 and at your suggestion I went back to look at the Ohio State game this morning. He was chip blocked once and I did not see a single double or triple team. To me he was not very effective and was a liability vs the Zone Read. By the 4th quarter he appeared to have just stopped hustling.

He is athletically gifted and will make plays based on that alone but he doesn’t look to me at least to be very instinctive or have any real plan out there.

Michigan may have been playing him out of position at end and he would probably be a much better fit as a gap shooting 3T. I just don’t know at this point if that is what our staff is looking for.

So I’m still not a fan of the suggested pick but that’s just one guy’s opinion and if you have watched him regularly and have a different opinion I certainly can respect that.

I'm a Michigan fan in NCAAF and I've watched him for 3 years. I agree wholeheartedly that he faced a lot of double/triple team blockers. Once Taco Charlton was gone post 2017 season a lot of the onus(pressure) was put on Gary to "live up to his top-rated recruit" status and it just wasn't going to happen.

The same could be said for Suh when he was here. He was WAY overpaid but he was double/triple teamed and chip-blocked constantly so he'd never live up to the contract Tannenbaum gave him.

Back
Top Bottom