Mel Kiper- Jake Long is a Left Tackle | Page 20 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Mel Kiper- Jake Long is a Left Tackle

Oh and Levi Brown went 5th overall last year.

If this was a crappy OT draft I would want to take JLong even more- the thought of picking up a Collins or Williams makes the notion of passing on a true need position much easier. But if there was a STRONG suspicion that he could be an All-Pro RT (who is our starting RT as of right now?) I don't see what the problem is. Just out of curiosity, what would you say if JLong would sign for pick #5 money, or maybe somewhere between Joe Thomas and Levi Brown money? And if he lasted until the Jets pick, would they strongly consider taking him?

Eric Swann was drafted 6th overall out of semi pro football. Your poing is lost on me. 5 years is 5 years.

I don't "promote stats" to the point of ignoring the film. Which is what you're doing.

It wasn't. ;)

I guess I'm just tired of boom or bust players being selected by the Dolphins. Jumbo Elliot was never an elite LT...but he was a Parcells type of player...and thats how I see J. Long. I don't see ANY of the top 5-6 players in the draft worthy of the number one slot...they all have their good points and bad. With all the Dolphin's needs...all would be an upgrade to what we have on the roster...and perhaps thats the worst part of this.

Back
Top Bottom