Mel Kiper- Jake Long is a Left Tackle | Page 8 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Mel Kiper- Jake Long is a Left Tackle

Being in the know as much as you are supposed to be, I know you remember that report was false and Minny just bluffed us out of a pick. There was no attempt to move up by NE. In fact NE basically ignored oline in that draft so if they wanted a lineman so bad, wouldn't they have drafted one. Thier first 4 picks were defense and there were some solid oline prospects they could have drafted. I think people that think that NE was so set on Carey just base that on Minnesota's bluff because its fairly strange of a team that needs oline help to totally bypass it in draft just because one player goes off the board. They could have drafted Max Starks, Travelle Wharton Sean locklear, Jacob Bell or Rex Hadnot. There is not one shred of evidence that NE was interested in Carey, not that we could produce evidence on anything on this board but I do find it strange that a team would look OL in the first and ignore thereafter.

Mmhmm. Ben Watson, that famous defensive player. Not to mention, that several "legitimate" sites you mention had the Patriots taking Vernon Carey, and that several others mentioned a possible trade up scenario...whyever for? Some even had Carey moving off the board at 19 to the Vikings with the original pick. Why you can't just let this go after close to 4 years of being wrong and called on it yearly is beyond me.

I wish Houston was as smart as Wanny....and I would have taken Wilford if they did take Carey.

There is no proof or good evidence that Houston was going to take Ginn. Everybody thought we were taking Quinn and we know how that turned out.
Im not sure why Houston would have been looking so hard at Ginn when they had much bigger needs. They definately had no need at that point for a returnman. I truly believe that if we had taken Quinn that Houston would have still taken Okaye and have seen no evidence to the contrary. Just because someone says something on this board does not make it a fact, just thier take. I'm open to any facts being presented but its just my opinion against thiers with the exception the NE trade rumor which was admitted by Minny as a bluff.Wilford was a better prospect to most people. I guarantee that Boomer had him rated as a better prospect than carey. Besides our front office I dont think you could find one place where wilfork was rated lower than Carey.

If Ginn was projected to go within the first 15 picks, just outside of the 10, and we took him at 9 and Houston was going to select him at 10, tell me how we reached.

How do u know that Houston was going to take Ginn, because someone on this board said so. Most draft experts had him going around the 15th pick. St louis was considered a possibility, Pittsburgh and Tennesse was mentioned quite often.

How do u know that Houston was going to take Ginn, because someone on this board said so. Most draft experts had him going around the 15th pick. St louis was considered a possibility, Pittsburgh and Tennesse was mentioned quite often.

Well, isn't every draft board different? :up: Some sites, depending on the prior draft order, had him going as early as 7 to the Vikings. The majority had him going in the top 15, the 2nd WR overall, (where he went) and yes, I trust Boomer's sources on the Houston story.

emocomputerjock = :clap:

It's nice to read an objective voice of reason....
Good work.

I can confirm your accounts of Vernon Carey's draft status, and Ginn's.
I read up, and follow the draft closely every year, and you're absolutely correct.
The most you could say is that Carey and/or Ginn were slight reaches, but even that's hard to support.

Mmhmm. Ben Watson, that famous defensive player. Not to mention, that several "legitimate" sites you mention had the Patriots taking Vernon Carey, and that several others mentioned a possible trade up scenario...whyever for? Some even had Carey moving off the board at 19 to the Vikings with the original pick. Why you can't just let this go after close to 4 years of being wrong and called on it yearly is beyond me.

I was talking about offensive linemen. New England did not draft one lineman in that draft. I love how we both have opinions but somehow mine is wrong. If New England wanted Carey so bad how come they did not draft a lineman.
You cannot find any evidence of a trade of scenario that was never proposed.Minnesota's Gm admitted to the bluff but thats not good enough, are you sure you are not Dave Wannstadt Please tell me why Minnesota would have drafted Carey, when they needed DL more. Udeze was alos rated higher than Carey by almost every source except the unmentioned ones you choose to believe. Minnesta took two De's before they drafted Dorsey in the 4th round. What I'm wrong because you say I'm wrong lol. When have you or anybody else called me on something I was so wrong on. Just because some people on a message board believe something does not make it so. At one time most people thought that Iraq had weapons of mass destruction and was an immenient danger.

Yep, earlier in the season I thought he'd grade out as the number one, but he had a difficult time against James Hardy and his game didn't match up at the elite level that I expected after that. He certainly didn't play to his 2006 form where most thought he would be the top ranked candidate. But there were a number of factors. His sophomore year, they played a lot of bump and run at CB and he did very well and he backed that up earlier in the year. But die to a combination of poor play at safety and Justin suffering a nasty shoulder injury, Penn State shifted to zone coverage, which lessened his impact.

Anyone who watched him as a sophomore year shutting down Ginn and Meacham and Shaun Herbert would know what I was talking about. Shift on a year and see how the system forced him to play against Brian Robiskie; against Ginn in 2006 he tracked him all around the field and held him to 2 catches. In 2007 he played in a deep zone.

But then you know that didn't you scoop.

ya i noticed that (deep zone) as ive noticed samuels plays taht as well.

What is But then you know that didnt you scoop" mean?

Pfft. You can't have a reach if you're not reaching. One spot early isn't reaching. You're also ignoring the fact that the Patriots were going for Carey. Bluff or no, that was the information that Wannspiel had at their disposal, and while it may have influenced the decision they made, they still picked the guy on their board one spot away from where they would have originally selected him.

he said Minny lied about it. he didnt asnwer that question of urs he didnt dismiss it.

it was MENTIONED during the draft i believe it was or right after it that they wanted Ginn.

The NFL insider for the NFL network , his first name is adam can't remember his last name, said houston was going to take ginn and he had pretty much called every draft pick that i saw before the team made their pick

The NFL insider for the NFL network , his first name is adam can't remember his last name, said houston was going to take ginn and he had pretty much called every draft pick that i saw before the team made their pick

Scott wright is just as informed as anyone and he did not call it. I am not going to think that one source has so much more knowledge than anyone else. No one on this board is getting info from the teams, its all hearsay for the most part. The insider could have got info that Houston was taking Ginn, maybe it was a smokescreen maybe its true. None of us know that for a fact.
How come so many sources that that Quinn was our pick, many of those claimed inside info. None of these draft gurus have very much privy to any of the team info, just speculation possibly based on some accounts. Why would Adam Shefter's be the person that has that info over anyone else. THe draft is all about deception and anybody that has a say in drafting is not giving out that info, thats playing with thier job. Yes a team may show great interest in a player and that is differant. Sorry if I dont believe that Houston was going to take Ginn just because Boomer and other people had sources or feelings. That does not make it true. How many times have so called sources pointed to the wrong player?Hell even if Houston was going to take Ginn that just means that two teams wanted to take him too early. We all including yourself tend to use the facts or opinions that seem to support our own arguement. No proof has been presented by you or anybody else but people want to say I'm wrong. Like I said Scott Wright won awards in 2004 for how accurate his mock was but I still dont take everything he says as gospel.

Well, isn't every draft board different? :up: Some sites, depending on the prior draft order, had him going as early as 7 to the Vikings. The majority had him going in the top 15, the 2nd WR overall, (where he went) and yes, I trust Boomer's sources on the Houston story.

Just because someone has a so called source does not mean the source is correct. The draft is all about misinformation. If you think everything Boomer says is gospel thats on you. Please give the basics of the source that is given the info of the drafting of a team. How come a year after our draft we have no clue for the most part what our draft board looked like. You would think with all these people with thier sources we would know. The only things we know for sure about our last draft.

1-we liked Ted Ginn over Brady quinn
2-quinn was rated slightly higher than Beck as per interview with mueller
3-we liked beck over edwards
4- we have no clue if we wanted kalil over satale

I dont care what Mel Kiper says.....Jake Long is a beast and a football player. LT? Of course, he will smack guys around. Jake Long does not get beat much at all. Anyone who says that clearly is missing something. Do I think we will draft him? the only legitimate claim people can make is if he is worth the #1 spot.

I like the opine of the guy who talked about the inexact science. Money, fame, recognition going to there heads...I dont think Long is the type to fall the way of Robert Gallery. Those who bring up that name are simply trying to sway opinion from Long.

I would take J Long over Dorsey. I know that much.

I dont care what Mel Kiper says.....Jake Long is a beast and a football player. LT? Of course, he will smack guys around. Jake Long does not get beat much at all. Anyone who says that clearly is missing something. Do I think we will draft him? the only legitimate claim people can make is if he is worth the #1 spot.

I like the opine of the guy who talked about the inexact science. Money, fame, recognition going to there heads...I dont think Long is the type to fall the way of Robert Gallery. Those who bring up that name are simply trying to sway opinion from Long.

I would take J Long over Dorsey. I know that much.

I think Long is a great pick not sure I like him over Dorsey but just not sure why anybody thinks he is not a good left tackle prospect. How do people assume Carey is such a good fit for left tackle but let Long is not. I think I would take Jake Long over Chris Long but doesn't matter who I would take, I hope we trade down.

Back
Top Bottom