Mel Kiper Jr. Mock Draft..... | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Mel Kiper Jr. Mock Draft.....

Kiper has a no-trade rule in his mock draft. Playing by his own rules, and assuming the Jets stick with Darnold, Smith could be the pick. Not a completely crazy idea considering the no-trade rule.
Agree, but I don't think the Jets stick with Darnold. He does some good things, but turnovers kill and Darnold just makes too many bad reads.

My opinion anyway, but a new coaching staff in NY could give him new life.

The Jets will take a QB or trade the pick to a team that will take a QB.

That will leave us with Sewell or the opportunity to trade with a team that has to have him.

I hope the Jets take Sewell so Miami can auction off the QB.

I think the Jets are sticking with Darnold as their QB and want to surround him with good protection. There's a lot of sources out there saying Sewell is their pick. Makes sense
I would say that the chances of the Jets taking Sewell are approaching zero.

Bechton looks like a star in the making and the only team that would consider putting Sewell on the Right side would be a team with a left-handed QB.

I can easily see the Jets passing on a QB, but it would be to trade down. I can see no scenario where they'd take Sewell... they could easily take a real RT with their second 1st round pick.

The very, very safe bet is that a QB will be taken with the #2 pick, maybe by the Jets or a team they trade with.

Then the Fins will be in a position to take Sewell, trade with a team that wants Sewell, or trade with a team who was unable to get up to #2 but is desperate for that 3rd QB off the board.

I will be disappointed if Miami is unable to trade down.

The very, very safe bet is that a QB will be taken with the #2 pick, maybe by the Jets or a team they trade with.

Then the Fins will be in a position to take Sewell, trade with a team that wants Sewell, or trade with a team who was unable to get up to #2 but is desperate for that 3rd QB off the board.

I will be disappointed if Miami is unable to trade down.

This is where I'm at as well.

I'm reasonably confident that one of Smith/Chase/Waddle will be there if we trade with Detroit, Carolina, Philly in 6-8 range. If not, that means maybe Sewell is still there, or a QB is and we can add more picks. I think the trade down has to be Plan A. If you don't want a QB or Sewell at #3, I see no reason you don't look for free draft capital, unless they see a big gap between WR's, which seems unlikely.

So many possibilities.

Never understand why the media wants us to dump Tua after half a season, yet they continue to give Darnold second, third and fourth chances.
The Adam Gase Tannehill effect storyline has the media putting all the blame on everyone but him, even though he sucks

I will be disappointed if Miami is unable to trade down
This is what I envision (and hope) happens too.... I bet the Jets want to start fresh with a new qb

That is because the media plays to what gives them the most clicks/views. Tua was hyped up so much more then Darnold. Tua was hyped as a 1st overall lock/generation QB. While Darnold was considered to be a very good prospect but not at Tua hype level. When you get hyped up so much it tends to create a love/hate element. So Tua comes in doesn't take the NFL by storm (media doesn't care about reason like an injury set back) they start playing to the other side that where fed up about hearing how good Tua was all the time. When the media hypes up a player to be the next big thing a lot of people want to see greatness but a lot of people want to see the fall as well.

I don't disagree.

Another thought to ponder... the media is geographically biased

Back
Top Bottom