Mel Phillips | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Mel Phillips

Crzynick25

Seasoned Veteran
Club Member
Reaction score
This guy is obviously Highly Regarded within the organization, he has been here for 22 years and retained by 4 different Head Coaches in that time. So im wondering, is this guy as highly regarded outside the organization as he is here? To stay with one team 22 years, including Saban's Complete overhaul is amazing. You would think other teams would be looking into him more yet i have never heard of any team trying to pull him away. Is he not highly regarded outside? or is he just super loyal? He seems to be like Houck and completely content being a postions coach not looking to become a DC somewhere. So i was just wondering what you all think

I've heard of other teams interested in him before. so my guess is he is just loyal to the dolphins.

i kinda know Mel. the man loves south florida. he wont leave.

I can't understand how special teams coach Keith Armstrong keeps his job every year when our STs get worse every year.

I can't understand how special teams coach Keith Armstrong keeps his job every year when our STs get worse every year.

Thank You! I'm puzzled how the heck he got extended. Our KO return team has been the worse for as long as I can rmemeber. If we get across the 25 I get excited. You see how Hester has changed games this year and you just have to wonder when we are going to try and get an explosive return game. Welker is SAFE. Great guy and hard worker BUT he is just like playing safe. Keep him on PR maybe but KO - KO - no way. That reminds me of Mora Sr. Playoffs? Playoffs?

LOL! When I saw he was being retained I thought to myself that this guy might survive a nuclear holocaust. 22 years under 5 different administrations. Just amazing!!! Long Live Mel!!!! The ultimate Dolphin!!! :dolphins: :dolphins: :dolphins:

Back
Top Bottom