Memory Lane - 1982 | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Memory Lane - 1982

Was that the year Sammie fumbled on the goal line two weeks in a row or something w run backs for TDs? I vaguely remember. Was looking at the season on wiki and it’s still mostly a blank though I’m almost certain remember the 2nd game vs Buffalo being a night game.

You are very close. The first goal line fumble by Sammie was against the Houston Oilers (I'm pretty sure). I don't think that one was run back for a TD - it just cost us the game. The next week was at Kansas City and Sammie fumbled at the goal line again, and this time a KC defensive back picked it up and ran it back for a TD.

I remember when Sammie Smith was drafted. I never got to see any Florida State games, so I didn't know much about him. He was really highly-touted coming into the NFL - big back with speed that was finally supposed to get Dan the running game he hadn't had since his rookie year. So sad, what could have been.

Was that the year Sammie fumbled on the goal line two weeks in a row or something w run backs for TDs? I vaguely remember. Was looking at the season on wiki and it’s still mostly a blank though I’m almost certain remember the 2nd game vs Buffalo being a night game.
Yes. And the home game versus Buffalo was a Monday night game, back when that meant something. Buffalo trounced the Dolphins that night. And the next day I was exhausted and fell asleep in history class— only time it ever happened.

I had forgotten about this one. For some reason I can’t place it. I recall the season being a disappointment but it’s as if it’s blanked out for me.
That was the game where Stoyanovich missed what would’ve been the winning FG and Pete Carroll made the ‘choke’ sign at him from the sidelines.... ugh.

That was the game where Stoyanovich missed what would’ve been the winning FG and Pete Carroll made the ‘choke’ sign at him from the sidelines.... ugh.
No, you’re thinking about the Jets game in Miami in 1992, in the second to last week of the season. Stoyo ended up kicking the game winner anyway in that one.

I think that one was the choke when he missed a PAT that would have tied the game. Then we got the b-ball back and Dan took us to their 36 and Stoyo booted the GW from 53 as time expired. I might be mixing them up but thought that was the “choke” sign game and we won 19-17

Both great Bama guys...or like you call them"necks".....it just will not be to their faces... :)

It's not nice to tag a whole bunch of folks with stereotypical terms!

And just so ya know -- both Dwight and Bob made their permanent homes in SFL!

Like they say -- once you get some of that you can't go back!

:lol:

note to the receiver: none of "this" is really taken seriously, is it?

:eyepop:

And just so ya know -- both Dwight and Bob made their permanent homes in SFL!

Bob put his restaurant in Huntsville though. Matter of fact, I think that's where I'll let you take me, Vaark and the gang for that dinner tab we're going to stick you with.

side note ----- to this day I despise Marty Lyons (supreme POS) for swiping Dwight's career!

And if memory serves me correctly -- wasn't he a 'bama boy too!?

Stephenson was such a JOY to watch...

The team really never recovered from his loss.

Dwight and Marty are very good friends...

Back
Top Bottom