Memory lane. jets vs Dolphins 1995 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Memory lane. jets vs Dolphins 1995

Funny you should post that game, Danny. I watched it this morning. I was sitting at a bar in the MGM Grand in Vegas opening day '95 and watching that blowout was a lot of fun. Marino was shaky early this game but he got hot later. Fryar was such a great receiver for us. Too bad we didn't play up to the talent we had that year because we were loaded. Finished 9-7 and went out round one.

I was at this game, had season tickets with a friend in ‘95; we were both convinced that it was the year for Danny and the Dolphins. And after this game, how could you not believe it? I actually can’t watch this game much anymore because the subsequent season and how it unfolded kind of ruins it for me. Don’t know why. Don’t feel that way about the other early 90s seasons that didn’t end any better.

Ah yes the season opener. 13 year old me was at this game live with my Dad and uncle. What an experience.

I remember I couldn't wait to watch the highlights on SportsCenter that night to see what they said since we gave them such beatdown.

I was at this game, had season tickets with a friend in ‘95; we were both convinced that it was the year for Danny and the Dolphins. And after this game, how could you not believe it? I actually can’t watch this game much anymore because the subsequent season and how it unfolded kind of ruins it for me. Don’t know why. Don’t feel that way about the other early 90s seasons that didn’t end any better.
I'm of the same mind. The 2007 season was easier to take than the 95 season. In 2006, we went next to nowhere, except for Saban, who went the nearest Greyhound bus station and headed out of Miami. In 94, we were a hair away from beating the Chargers (not that I think we could've beaten the 49ers in the Super Bowl, but it would've been nice to get there and find out). For whatever reason, the 95 team just couldn't get out of its own way. Eric Green was a major flop here and nothing went right.

I'm of the same mind. The 2007 season was easier to take than the 95 season. In 2006, we went next to nowhere, except for Saban, who went the nearest Greyhound bus station and headed out of Miami. In 94, we were a hair away from beating the Chargers (not that I think we could've beaten the 49ers in the Super Bowl, but it would've been nice to get there and find out). For whatever reason, the 95 team just couldn't get out of its own way. Eric Green was a major flop here and nothing went right.
IIR, Eric Green came to us very fat.

Funny you should post that game, Danny. I watched it this morning. I was sitting at a bar in the MGM Grand in Vegas opening day '95 and watching that blowout was a lot of fun. Marino was shaky early this game but he got hot later. Fryar was such a great receiver for us. Too bad we didn't play up to the talent we had that year because we were loaded. Finished 9-7 and went out round one.
the playoff loss to Buffalo was horrific. They ran for over 300 on us I think.

the playoff loss to Buffalo was horrific. They ran for over 300 on us I think.
That was Shula's last game too. That was such a frustrating team. I went to the ESPN Sunday night game in SD that year and they avenged their playoff loss from the year before (which I was at). They played great some games...and then were awful the next. Totally mailed it in, in that playoff loss to Buffalo.

I'm pretty sure that was the year we had 18 players that had been drafted in the first round....of course not all by the Dolphins but for other teams as well. I too felt that could be a great year for us but things just never clicked. Still nice to see some of those players from back in the day and what they could do.

Back
Top Bottom