Memory lane......Lions at Dolphins 1994 Christmas night | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Memory lane......Lions at Dolphins 1994 Christmas night

Thought the Dolphins would make some noise in the playoffs since it was the first time since 1987 that the Bills wouldn’t be in the postseason. But it wasn’t to be.

Funny, I just watched this game last week. I was walking through this season re-living how close they actually were. They should have beaten SD in divisional game, and would have had a shot to beat PIT in the AFC title game.

As I was re-watching games that season, I’m like “damn, we had Irving Fryar and Keith Byars and Keith Jackson! And Tim Bowens, Bryan Cox and Troy Vincent!”

That team might have had a shot had they held on against that overachieving SD team. Still can’t believe they lost a 21-6 lead to Stan freaking Humphries.

Was it Stoyanovich or the high snap to blame? SMH.

Funny, I just watched this game last week. I was walking through this season re-living how close they actually were. They should have beaten SD in divisional game, and would have had a shot to beat PIT in the AFC title game.

As I was re-watching games that season, I’m like “damn, we had Irving Fryar and Keith Byars and Keith Jackson! And Tim Bowens, Bryan Cox and Troy Vincent!”

That team might have had a shot had they held on against that overachieving SD team. Still can’t believe they lost a 21-6 lead to Stan freaking Humphries.

Terrible snap and not a great hold

Absolutely. Felt like those 90’s Shula coached teams started hot and always fizzled down the stretch
That was the defining characteristic of those early 90s teams— they’d come charging out the gate, have a mediocre end of the season, then generally disappoint in the playoffs. Not to diminish them— they’re far superior to the teams after them, but they were never as good in December and January as they were in September.

This game was perfect example of my frustrations of a fan growing up.
27 first half points. None in the second half. Up big and gave up special team td. 4 fumbles. Lost three of them.
starting off season hot and then getting wild card( this was when there was three wild cards and 3 divisions. I feel like we struggled to 10 and 6 after starting off 6 and 2 many years.

This team was maddening. Honestly , this seemed to happen a lot from 1986-1995. Can’t help but wonder why this kinda play happened a lot during this time. I didn’t grow up watching fins in 70s because I was born in 76. But I remember this kind of uneven play during those Shula’s years.

That was the defining characteristic of those early 90s teams— they’d come charging out the gate, have a mediocre end of the season, then generally disappoint in the playoffs. Not to diminish them— they’re far superior to the teams after them, but they were never as good in December and January as they were in September.
I always felt that playing in that Miami heat in the early part of the season wore the team down as the season went on. practicing in that heat all week then playing the games took it's toll on the team imo.

That team was loaded with first round picks.

We went all in and did not get it done and the rest is history

I always blamed Kieth Jackson for that sandiego game he started that madness . ..I always thought Aron craver was a star in the making but you only saw it a few games then he vanished. He clearly had the talent.

Back
Top Bottom