Memory lane......Lions at Dolphins 1994 Christmas night | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Memory lane......Lions at Dolphins 1994 Christmas night

Great memories of that game! I had a really bad summer in '94 - came down with frequent panic attacks and bad anxiety. Wasn't diagnosed with OCD/Anxiety Disorder until September. By Christmas Day, the combination of medication and psychotherapy had my anxiety well under control. I remember being so thankful that day. My dad was still alive then and we watched the game together, even my mom watched the game. I remember the week before, we were held without a TD against Indy and lost the game. The Christmas Night Lions game saw us get off to a great start. I think Bernie Parmalee had at least 2 TDs, maybe 3 just in the first half. And the defense did a really good job on Barry Sanders. Our special teams got killed for the second week in a row with a punt/kick returned for a TD when Johnnie Morton took a kick return to the house. We held on in the second half when we didn't score a point as Detroit started to rally. It was a sweet win as it made us AFC East Champs!

Hello
French fan here, where I could see on the net all this old games you speak about here since 2-3 days
just go on youtube and google Dolphins games from the 80's and 90's......once you find one there will be others you'll see right there as well.

once you click on that you'll be able to see other games as well

Bobby Beathard turning off the electricity to the Dolphins' locker room was the beginning of the Dolphins melt down in their 22-21 loss to SD in the AFC Divisional Round.. Stoyanovich wide right :-(

Thought the Dolphins would make some noise in the playoffs since it was the first time since 1987 that the Bills wouldn’t be in the postseason. But it wasn’t to be.
That season is still the one I cannot get over. The loss to the Chargers was crushing. The game was so in hand and then suddenly it wasn't. I still have nightmares about Keith Jackson doing I don't know what fumbling the ball. He was unstoppable early in the game.

That season is still the one I cannot get over. The loss to the Chargers was crushing. The game was so in hand and then suddenly it wasn't. I still have nightmares about Keith Jackson doing I don't know what fumbling the ball. He was unstoppable early in the game.
1994 was their last, best chance to get to the Super Bowl.

I always blamed Kieth Jackson for that sandiego game he started that madness . ..I always thought Aron craver was a star in the making but you only saw it a few games then he vanished. He clearly had the talent.
Yeah, I just mentioned in another post how Jackson still haunts me from that game. The loss of Keith Byars and Terry Kirby was crushing that season. Imagine they were healthy.

Dan made getting chunk yardage look so effertless, and moving quickly through the football field, I admit I got spoiled.

When we had another QB in there, and we still had over a minute to score, I forgot that while other QBs struggled with the 2 min offense, Dan had already mastered the 1 Minute offense.

Funny, I just watched this game last week. I was walking through this season re-living how close they actually were. They should have beaten SD in divisional game, and would have had a shot to beat PIT in the AFC title game.

As I was re-watching games that season, I’m like “damn, we had Irving Fryar and Keith Byars and Keith Jackson! And Tim Bowens, Bryan Cox and Troy Vincent!”

That team might have had a shot had they held on against that overachieving SD team. Still can’t believe they lost a 21-6 lead to Stan freaking Humphries.

Was it Stoyanovich or the high snap to blame? SMH.
The snap was so high I was surprised the holder got it down. The timing was so messed up you can see Stoyo is already on approach and then has to stop to wait for it to be placed. He kicked from a standing still position and the ball barely went 30 yards. This game is why I always defended Denny when people started saying it was time to replace him. Eventually it was but it’s a position you can take for granted and it can win or lose you games.

I remember this game. We did a real good job on Barry. Anyone see his stats flashed on the screen early? 1800 yards at 5.7 per carry. LOL!

man Bernie Parmale was fun to watch in that game. He was on a mission
He ran well but he put it on the ground 3 times too. He was a guy you rooted for but in reality he should have been a 3rd down type back. Craver had a ton of talent - you could see it there. But he also had a case of the fumbles. Not sure what happened to him / why his career fizzled quickly.

Back
Top Bottom