Mercury Morris' Super Bowl Ring Stolen | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Mercury Morris' Super Bowl Ring Stolen

Nublar7

Retired FinHeaven Staff
Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score
This is upsetting.

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/news/local/southflorida/sfl-superbowlring27,0,6638051.story?coll=sfla-home-headlines
Eugene "Mercury'' Morris won his Super Bowl ring as a fleet running back on the undefeated 1972 Miami Dolphins.

But he wasn't fast enough Friday when he realized the ring was missing.

Morris said he took off the ring while washing his hands in the men's room of the Biscayne Bay Marriott. He walked out of the bathroom without it, and by the time he realized his mistake, the ring was already gone.
"I'm holding out hope that somebody will give it up,'' Morris said Saturday. ``It means a great deal to me.'' The 10-karat yellow gold ring has a full-carat diamond set in an aquamarine stone, with 16 smaller diamonds around the center.

Stole is a strong word. He left it somewhere, someone picked it up. How dumb are you that you just leave your ring in a bathroom? How much does it mean to him again?

Hostile7 said:
Stole is a strong word. He left it somewhere, someone picked it up. How dumb are you that you just leave your ring in a bathroom? How much does it mean to him again?
**** happens

I actualy did they same exact thing as Morris. I had my High School ring and I set in on the ledge by the sink while I was washing my hands(at my college) left the room and then about 10 minutes later realized that my ring was missing, went back to the bathroom and it was gone. I reported that I had lost it and luckly for me, some one found it and turned it in. Now, when ever I wash my hands I just stick my ring in my pocket. I had to learn the hard way. Of course my ring($500 value) isn't a Super Bowl ring.

AGAIN!???? Didnt this happen last year to him?

right now somewhere, someone is crouched over staring at the ring in his cupped hands and is murmuring " my precious "

SkapePhin said:
AGAIN!???? Didnt this happen last year to him?

Last line of the article is: "[font=Verdana,Arial, Helvetica][font=Verdana,Arial, Helvetica] Morris said it wasn't the first time his Super Bowl ring has been stolen. The original was lifted back in 1978, he said."

So, this definitely isn't the first time.
[/font]
[/font]

Unless he's willing to actually pay who took it to return it, then I'm not buying it. These things are happening way too often after George Steinbrener bought Yogi's replacement rings after they were stolen.

Player: "I Lost my ring. Boohoo."
Owner: "I guess I'll just have to dish out 30k to replace it for you"
Player: "Umm, you think I can have it in cash?"

1511stadium.jpg

Back
Top Bottom