Mercury not selling his ring | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Mercury not selling his ring

Golphindolphin

town drunk
Club Member
Reaction score
Mad Dog on QAM said he exchanged e-mails with old #22 this weekend, and he said he is selling a REPLICA of his ring. He wants everybody to know he is not selling the actual ring contrary to what we were all led to believe.

I don't believe him. I think he is just saying that to keep the media from dogging him so much. I agree with the question Gonk asked. A twenty thousand dollar replica? Yeah right. I think he is lying.

When you consider what kind of Rock might be in the ring, the 20,000 is not all that out of sight. Hell, what did Kobe pay? 4 million?

Then again, Merc could be dabbling in that old south florida trade again....

People buy and sell all kinds of fake garbage on e-bay all the time. I read about some guy selling old crown royal bottles that he claimed contained a ghost or something, and people were lining up to pay him thousands of dollars. They came with a letter of authenticity, just like Merc's ring. I believe caveat emptor is the Latin translation for E-Bay!

If it's a replica then wouldn't that hand written note specify that? Otherwise, he would be commiting fraud. I remember that letter stating that it was the ring he was presented for winning the SuperBowl, not a replica of that ring. That sort of this has to be legaly stated. It's a sad situation. I'm a little partial to him because he's one of two of the 72 Dolphin players that I've met. The other was actually my 9th grade driver's ed teacher! LOL!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
The auction is over and luckily the reserve was NOT met, so if it is real or not it will not be sold......for now. :)

"The seller ended this listing early because the item is no longer available for sale" is what it says on the auction page.

Maybe all the fervor over Merc selling his ring led to it being removed, especially if it was not authentic but a replica instead.

It's funny that the pics of the handed signed paper that he signed are gone as well also. He was lying. It was the real deal. He did'nt want to look bad after a buzz started about it.

Originally posted by WeVie
It's funny that the pics of the handed signed paper that he signed are gone as well also. He was lying. It was the real deal. He did'nt want to look bad after a buzz started about it.

Yep I think you're right.

#22 was a great compliment to #39. Too bad his life away from the green field wasn't as favorable. I believe he was looking to cash in on the real ring.

Back
Top Bottom