Merged 10x: Thoughts on JT's possible retirement | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged 10x: Thoughts on JT's possible retirement

We need JT

What a loss it would be if Jason Taylor really does retire!! I don't think that he is going to but man if he does that would be terrible for us. I believe he has the most heart and soul on that team and we would lose in my opinion our best player and a huge leader of our team. :boohoo:

Thought on JT's possible retirement

I think Jason Taylor's comment of him retiring based on whether Saban returns or not was just a ploy. I heard on the radio that Saban told his players of the retirement sometime after the game. I'm sure JT made that statement to hurt his trade value. He probably thinks a new coach may come in and try to trade him..... who knows....

Is it me or do I not believe anyone in sports anymore...

It would be a big loss, but it wouldnt be the end of the world. Everyone retires sooner or later, and teams move on.

OMG.....TAYLOR IS GOD!!!!!! Sorry to offended your version of Mahammed. We shouldn't question his Greatness, maybe we should bend over, and ban all likenesses of him too. Geez...this is football, A TEAM SPORT...He's one player that has been part of too many seasons of underachievement....Admit it or not, we need a TEAM that is focused on the goal, not a bunch of babies moping around, but will surely take home checks from Mr H's bank account.
Michael Jordon doesn't win anything but Individual awards without a supporting staff. If Taylor leaves, then so be it. I don't want to hear anymore about his retiring...either DO IT, or Zip It Baby!

God don't even say that right now. That wouldn't even be putting salt into our wounds, more like slowly twisting a burning cigarette into it and then rubbing it with ****.

Now that Saban has slinked out of town, do you think Jason Taylor will retire or demand a trade? Vote above.

Today's news was a kick in the pants, when we were already lying on the ground to boot. I have a bad feeling that our franchise is in deep trouble.

the only player that really may be in trouble because of nicks departure, is DC.

OMG.....TAYLOR IS GOD!!!!!! Sorry to offended your version of Mahammed. We shouldn't question his Greatness, maybe we should bend over, and ban all likenesses of him too. Geez...this is football, A TEAM SPORT...He's one player that has been part of too many seasons of underachievement....Admit it or not, we need a TEAM that is focused on the goal, not a bunch of babies moping around, but will surely take home checks from Mr H's bank account.
Michael Jordon doesn't win anything but Individual awards without a supporting staff. If Taylor leaves, then so be it. I don't want to hear anymore about his retiring...either DO IT, or Zip It Baby!

Thank you for that great break down Vitale. But seriously how can you say that when Taylor was putting the team on his back and carrying them. It was taylor putting pressure on grossman and brady. And that was why the secondary could defend all day. Now besides tagging in matt roth I don't see how helping the team by doing his job could be more team oriented. Is it any coincidence that when Taylor had his great games we won? Or was that just more of his selfishness.

Ok, Who cares?....He's NOT the team. He's just a bald bumkin. Sure he's had a great season this year, but has he made guys around him play well enough to elivate their games...NO! Our secondary was raped this season, and much of that is do to not having a consistent pass rush. Taylor has ALWAYS been too light for a DE, and has vanished in games more times that I care to remember (watch some game tapes and see what I mean.) Hope he enjoys that nice "Indiviual" trophy for Defensive player of the year. "Jason, if you don't want to play in Miami or play in general....Asta La Vista Baldy!"

Ok, I had to defend my boy JT, so here goes.....

1st - Taylor has had more than just a great season this year - he's had a great career here in Miami
2nd - He does help elevate the play of the other d-lineman by drawing double teams
3rd - The secondary was tore up because of the lack of talent in the backfield. The Fins were 3rd in the NFL with 47 sacks this year yet only produced 8 INTs which is 31st in the league (and 2 of those belong to JT).
4tth - Being too light for a DE is not the problem. That provides JT with the quickness that makes him a great pass rusher and he has not really been injured for much of his career (only missed 4 regular season games through 10 seasons).
5th - Taylor may 'vanish' at times but I have watched him at plenty of other times turn it up a notch and simply dominate the game.
6th - I hope he does get the DPOY award as he deserves it this year for his hard work and accomplishments. As a fan of the Dolphins you should also be rooting for him to get that award.

Taylor aint retiring, him and Zach are campaigning for Bates to be the next HC, Why would he care who the next HC is if he was going to retire?

Is it any coincidence that when Taylor had his great games we won? Or was that just more of his selfishness.

We did go 6-10...so what does that mean he only managed to bring it 6 out of 16 games? We need more than him to have great games 6 times a year at most (that's being generous), and as a 10 year vet he SHOULD be carrying this team on his back, that's called being a leader....ala.. Reggie White, Ray Lewis, Brian Urlacher. Marino did it for 18 years....well almost 18...until Jimmy handcuffed him.

I'm sorry I still picture him looking at Jay "Fiedler on the Roof" during the Monday Night Nightmare in 2000 when we had a huge lead saying..."They're not coming back on us" Well as we all know they did, and it's games like that, when this team doesn't play a full 60 minutes that he must face as his legacy, because he's been associated with more big losses in team history than I care to remember, and unfortunately, I have them all recorded....Wanna buy them????

Hope he enjoys that nice "Indiviual" trophy for Defensive player of the year. "Jason, if you don't want to play in Miami or play in general....Asta La Vista Baldy!"

I hope he does get the DPOY award as he deserves it this year for his hard work and accomplishments. As a fan of the Dolphins you should also be rooting for him to get that award.

I feel he should win the award this season...Good for him...it's like Barry Sanders winning a rushing title on a last place team....Whooopty Doo!

Listen, right now a majority of us fans are pissed, and when I here him whine and talk about retirement and sounding like Tiki Barber...I'll take a pass....Either play, or don't, and don't jerk us fans around by having us worry whether or not his position has to be filled to boot....Peace!

Back
Top Bottom