Merged 10x: Thoughts on JT's possible retirement | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged 10x: Thoughts on JT's possible retirement

phinphanforever

Banned forever....
☠️ Banned ☠️
Reaction score
Now that Saban has slinked out of town, do you think Jason Taylor will retire or demand a trade? Vote above.

Today's news was a kick in the pants, when we were already lying on the ground to boot. I have a bad feeling that our franchise is in deep trouble.

ESPN's John Clayton says that there was nothing to Jason's retirement talk on Sunday. He and Zach will be back next season, and if anything, the Dolphins may give more serious consideration to Dom Capers and Jim Bates as the next coach for the sake of familiarity and continuity to make sure they're happy.

it's very possible. JT is probably tired of losing, his back hurts, and his coach just bailed out on him. I think that if Capers stays, we'll probably run a very similar defense to saban's system anyways, so that won't affect his decision. But if a new DC comes in and installs a new defense, i highly doubt JT wants to spend the time all offseason to learn a new scheme. But mostly, it will come down to if he feels the new coach will rebuild or whether the new coach will go for the "win now" philosophy. I hope he stays though.

Ok, Who cares?....He's NOT the team. He's just a bald bumkin. Sure he's had a great season this year, but has he made guys around him play well enough to elivate their games...NO! Our secondary was raped this season, and much of that is do to not having a consistent pass rush. Taylor has ALWAYS been too light for a DE, and has vanished in games more times that I care to remember (watch some game tapes and see what I mean.) Hope he enjoys that nice "Indiviual" trophy for Defensive player of the year. "Jason, if you don't want to play in Miami or play in general....Asta La Vista Baldy!"

Ok, Who cares?....He's NOT the team. He's just a bald bumkin. Sure he's had a great season this year, but has he made guys around him play well enough to elivate their games...NO! Our secondary was raped this season, and much of that is do to not having a consistent pass rush. Taylor has ALWAYS been too light for a DE, and has vanished in games more times that I care to remember (watch some game tapes and see what I mean.) Hope he enjoys that nice "Indiviual" trophy for Defensive player of the year. "Jason, if you don't want to play in Miami or play in general....Asta La Vista Baldy!"

hahahaha oh wait you were serious :rolleyes:

Horrible Post!!!! I don't think it's fair to say that he hasn't elevated the play of other defensive players. If you think the Secondary got toasted this season just think of what would have happened if we didn't have JT and were getting NO pressure on the QB, Taylor consitently draws double teams and a Lot of the opposing offenses attention which frees up other players to make plays.

so is taylor gone???

do you think that with saban gone that maybe taylor will look at this as another reason to retire.. and do you think that ricky will still come back........wow this sucks so far

Taylor will definitely be back he was just saying that because of the disappointing season.

Reality doesnt bite, your post does :rolleyes:

Pray he comes back, but I think he's had enough of giving 110% with a bunch of losers and another 3-5 years before we gain any respectability.

Hopefully he comes back, he is one of the best defensive players in the NFL period.

He's only 32. John Clayton posted an article on ESPN and it said that you shouldn't read too much into his comments.

On the other hand, he has been battling a sore back, lingering from the pre-season.

I think he'll stay...You all know he didnt like Saban from the start

Back
Top Bottom