Merged 15x: Big Ben Hurt in motorcycle accident. | Page 14 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged 15x: Big Ben Hurt in motorcycle accident.

AquaAssasin said:
Hes right though! Big Ben is a idiot for not wearing a helmet. The chances of him injuring his face/head wearing a helmet are greatly reduced when wearing a helmet.

In that sense alone he is an idiot but I do hope he gets better. No matter whos at fault the bike rider will always get injured, be it a minor scratch or broken leg to a major head injury.

I can see teams putting all kinds of rules in a players contracts after this incident in conjuction with winslows.

i agree...he's not a back-up lineman, he is the franchise QB of the team. the organization talked to him an he declined....yes he is an idiot....it like someone else said earlier...if your paid NOT to get hurt in the offseason why in God's name would you risk it

AquaAssasin said:
Yeah but name one corvette driver that hasnt punched it. The speed is there and every bike rider I know of including myself has punched the gas. Its a fact!

When you ride its not "if" you get into an accident its "WHEN". It doesnt have to be a vehicle versus bike it could be just a laying it on the ground while driving over loose dirt.

If you are a rider you know what I mean.

:)

Yeah, I know what you mean,:). but there is a big difference between grabbing some throttle and racing through a city. When I open it up I always make sure I have room and am at a place with low to zero traffic

PhinSoldia said:
i agree...he's not a back-up lineman, he is the franchise QB of the team. the organization talked to him an he declined....yes he is an idiot....it like someone else said earlier...if your paid NOT to get hurt in the offseason why in God's name would you risk it

I guess all Franchise QBs should stop shaving just in case they might cut their throats in a fluke accident. They should stay inside if it is raining outside, because they may get struck by lightning. Maybe they should stay off planes, too, just in case it crashes. I mean, we don't want to see them called "idiots" here because they made a horrible decision to get on a plane!!! I mean, that would just be the end of the NFL!!!! Forget about these multi million dollar athletes' lives, let's just worry about what it means to us fans, and OUR FEELINGS!!!!!!!

Maybe Paul Tagliabue will make all of the NFL players now live in a bubble that way nothing can possibly go wrong and it would keep all players from getting injured in any way.

:shakeno: :shakeno: :shakeno:

unifiedtheory said:
This is a string case for mandatory helmets in ALL of the U.S.A. AND for stronger driver testing

1. If you are truly in Canada, please do not post suggestions for our legislature here in US. We don't need you to poke your noses in our lives, or laws. We don't suggest that you Canucks all speak English or French, so why do you feel you need to worry about things in the US that do not affect you?

2. Our government has enough political issues to worry about right now, such as a WAR, IMMIGRATION REFORM, STEROIDS IN BASEBALL :shakeno: , BANNING OF GAY MARRIAGE :shakeno: , etc, etc, etc. Maybe we can put this issue on the back burner for now.

UltraDol-Fan said:
Yeah, I know what you mean,:). but there is a big difference between grabbing some throttle and racing through a city. When I open it up I always make sure I have room and am at a place with low to zero traffic

:)

UltraDol-Fan said:
All good points until here. Most crotch rocket owners just want a faster bike, not necessarily to race. I have one and I have never raced it.
That's like saying all corvette drivers are race car drivers

Well I don't know how it is in Texas but here in Miami if you see a crotch rocket its never doing 55-65 on the highway, more like 85-100+. Now they might not be racing anyone but they are driving at excessive ILLEGAL speeds. Maybe its just down here, which wouldnt surpise me as the percentage of morons to normal people is quite a bit higher in miami-dade than in more northern parts of fla.

I have nothing against bike owners, if you want to ride be my guest. But not wearing a helmet and trying to defend your view as the correct one like mole is attempting is very ignorant.

Irish Phin Fan said:
I tell you what pal, come talk to me after you've scraped as many people as I have off the freeway that wrecked their bikes. I'll try your reasons the next time I have to tell a family that their son was killed in a motorcycle accident that he should have seen coming. It was his fault someone cut him off and turned him into a skid mark on the street. He should have known this was coming. I'm sure that will go over real well. Defensively? Give me a break. If someone is gonna hit you their gonna hit you and there ain't a damn thing you can do about it no matter how good a rider you may be.

Amen, my father-in-law (retired police office) has told me the same thing on numerous occasions

Firesole said:
I guess all Franchise QBs should stop shaving just in case they might cut their throats in a fluke accident. They should stay inside if it is raining outside, because they may get struck by lightning. Maybe they should stay off planes, too, just in case it crashes. I mean, we don't want to see them called "idiots" here because they made a horrible decision to get on a plane!!! I mean, that would just be the end of the NFL!!!! Forget about these multi million dollar athletes' lives, let's just worry about what it means to us fans, and OUR FEELINGS!!!!!!!

Maybe Paul Tagliabue will make all of the NFL players now live in a bubble that way nothing can possibly go wrong and it would keep all players from getting injured in any way.

:shakeno: :shakeno: :shakeno:

Mr. Firesole, what you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

I have read the majority of the posts in this thread I still have not seen a reason why NOT wearing a helmet is beneficial in riding a motorcycle. I might have missed it but all the guys on here who ride...what is the benefit of NOT wearing one????. Please tell me its more than the cost...or how it makes you look.. I just would like to know that the benefits of NOT wearing one outweigh the problems of wearing one.

Crisdeman said:
Well I don't know how it is in Texas but here in Miami if you see a crotch rocket its never doing 55-65 on the highway, more like 85-100+. Now they might not be racing anyone but they are driving at excessive ILLEGAL speeds. Maybe its just down here, which wouldnt surpise me as the percentage of morons to normal people is quite a bit higher in miami-dade than in more northern parts of fla.

I have nothing against bike owners, if you want to ride be my guest. But not wearing a helmet and trying to defend your view as the correct one like mole is attempting is very ignorant.

First off, I'm not trying to defend my view on the wisdom of wearing or not wearing a helmet. It is the personal choice I make, that I defend. It is NOT for you or anyone else to make for me.

It is, what it is...It's my view! I could care less what you or any other person feels toward it.

The point I was making, "defending" is I believe that all accidents are preventable.

You can belabor the point all you want. I've been involved in investigative committiees that prove all accidents are caused by human error and could have been prevented.

Ben, could and should have been more aware of his surroundings. There are Motorcycle Safety Courses that teach this same principle.

I happen to get most of my knowledge on this subject from the company I retired from (FPL). They spent millions of $ developing and establishing one of the finest safety programs in the United States.

Remember, when you choose to point the finger of IGNORANCE at someone, you have three more fingers pointing right back at you.

I've about had it with your name calling and smart assed attitude. I have refrained from stooping to your level, mainly because I've made a commitment to a certain Mod on this site that I would strive to make their job easier due to an illness.

Edited: To remove challenge. It's not worth it.

Crisdeman said:
Mr. Firesole, what you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

:lol: , Billy Madison is great!

Anyway, the only benefit I can see to not wearing a helmet is it might keep your head cooler when it is really hot out, which is kind of valid at some times of the year. Although they make helmets that breath well and there are some now with "air conditioning" I think.

I prefer the helmet because it keeps bugs out of my face and protects well in case of an accident.

Crisdeman said:
Mr. Firesole, what you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought.

One word, sarcasm. Give this man a prize!!! :shakeno:

NYPhinFan said:
I have read the majority of the posts in this thread I still have not seen a reason why NOT wearing a helmet is beneficial in riding a motorcycle. I might have missed it but all the guys on here who ride...what is the benefit of NOT wearing one????. Please tell me its more than the cost...or how it makes you look.. I just would like to know that the benefits of NOT wearing one outweigh the problems of wearing one.

I also have read the majority of most posts in this thread, and have not seen where people are are saying that NOT WEARING A HELMET is "beneficial". They will not outweigh the benefits of wearing a helmet. It is a matter of personal preference. And if a person prefers to NOT WEAR ONE, they shouldn't be judged so harshly and quickly as "idiots". Everyone on this board has made decisions in the past that someone else could consider to be idiotic, whether it is drinking too much at a Dolphin game and driving home, staying out in the Florida sun too long, voting for George W. Bush, watching too much TV, and things of that nature.

But I am like themole in this regard. If I choose to ride without a helmet, which I do frequently, then that is because I want to. I'm not trying to say it is beneficial or the right thing to do. But it is my right to be able to make that choice whether anyone here likes it or not.

Back
Top Bottom