Merged 15x: Big Ben Hurt in motorcycle accident. | Page 15 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged 15x: Big Ben Hurt in motorcycle accident.

themole said:
First off, I'm not trying to defend my view on the wisdom of wearing or not wearing a helmet. It is the personal choice I make, that I defend. It is NOT for you or anyone else to make for me.

I'm not trying to make you or anyone else wear a helmet, haven't even mentioned anything whatsoever on my stance, you might want to re-read my posts. I'm just pointing out that it is very stupid to ride without one, especially in a city like Pitt, Miami, Atlanta, NY, etc.

themole said:
It is, what it is...It's my view! I could care less what you or any other person feels toward it.

Hey its a free country, like i said, i've never in any post stated any support for a manditory helmet law. I simply pointed out the stupidity of riding without one. But it seems that you do care tho because you had to jump in and defend yourself even tho my post was in response to someone elses post.

themole said:
The point I was making, "defending" is I believe that all accidents are preventable.

You can belabor the point all you want. I've been involved in investigative committiees that prove all accidents are caused by human error and could have been prevented.

All accidents might be preventable but they still happen. No matter how well you work on accident prevention there is always the chance of an accident because there are always other people on the roads with you that are oblivious to any of these facts.

themole said:
Ben, could and should have been more aware of his surroundings. There are Motorcycle Safety Courses that teach this same principle.

I happen to get most of my knowledge on this subject from the company I retired from (FPL). They spent millions of $ developing and establishing one of the finest safety programs in the United States.

Ok maybe Ben should have taken the FPL motorcycle safety classes. I happen to get my information from retired and current police officers who deal/dealt with these kind of things on a daily basis.

I seriously doubt a corporation training their drivers to avoid accidents so they can avoid getting sued is better or even equivalent to my sources.

themole said:
Remember, when you choose to point the finger of IGNORANCE at someone, you have three more fingers pointing right back at you.

And also remember, when you point the finger of stupidity the llama spits in your mouth. BTW you really shouldn't be trying to use that as most people posting on this topic seem to be in agreement that not wearing a helmet is not the smartest thing to do.

themole said:
I've about had it with your name calling and smart assed attitude. I have refrained from stooping to your level, mainly because I've made a commitment to a certain Mod on this site that I would strive to make their job easier due to an illness.

Hmm lets see, my first post
crisdeman said:
RobFins2005 said:
Originally Posted by RobFins2005
he should have been wearing a helmet, but he likely would have been injured even if he was due to the nature of the accident

Sure but he would probably still have his teeth, no gash in his head and probably just a concussion instead of a broken jaw.

People who dont wear helments on motorcycles are just stupid and get no pitty from me*. Hopefully he recovers but i truly don't care, he made his bed now its time to sleep in it.

* same goes for those who don't wear seatbelts while in cars.

Was that comment made towards you, i don't see any mention, it is simply my opinion. Yet your post in response...

themole said:
Glad to see you have it all figured out. Here's a news flash. Most people that ride motors with or without helmets are not the type that would be looking for your pitty.

Here's a question. Why don't you wear a helmet while driving your car? Think how many lives that would save. It is really stupid not to, ya know.

You my friend are the one who started the "smart assed attitude" in this topic. And if you can't take being called stupid for not wearing a helmet, you might want to grow some thicker skin because
#1 I'm not the only one who's said this.
#2 its really not that big a deal and it is based on more facts than any argument you've given for not wearing one.

themole said:
If you choose to pursue it any further just let me know. I'll be glad to accomodate.

Be my guest and instigate some more, but how about trying to use facts and reason in your arguments because those seem to be missing in all your responses.

Crisdeman said:
I'm not trying to make you or anyone else wear a helmet, haven't even mentioned anything whatsoever on my stance, you might want to re-read my posts. I'm just pointing out that it is very stupid to ride without one, especially in a city like Pitt, Miami, Atlanta, NY, etc.

Hey its a free country, like i said, i've never in any post stated any support for a manditory helmet law. I simply pointed out the stupidity of riding without one. But it seems that you do care tho because you had to jump in and defend yourself even tho my post was in response to someone elses post.

All accidents might be preventable but they still happen. No matter how well you work on accident prevention there is always the chance of an accident because there are always other people on the roads with you that are oblivious to any of these facts.

Ok maybe Ben should have taken the FPL motorcycle safety classes. I happen to get my information from retired and current police officers who deal/dealt with these kind of things on a daily basis.

I seriously doubt a corporation training their drivers to avoid accidents so they can avoid getting sued is better or even equivalent to my sources.

And also remember, when you point the finger of stupidity the llama spits in your mouth. BTW you really shouldn't be trying to use that as most people posting on this topic seem to be in agreement that not wearing a helmet is not the smartest thing to do.

Hmm lets see, my first post

Was that comment made towards you, i don't see any mention, it is simply my opinion. Yet your post in response...

You my friend are the one who started the "smart assed attitude" in this topic. And if you can't take being called stupid for not wearing a helmet, you might want to grow some thicker skin because
#1 I'm not the only one who's said this.
#2 its really not that big a deal and it is based on more facts than any argument you've given for not wearing one.

Be my guest and instigate some more, but how about trying to use facts and reason in your arguments because those seem to be missing in all your responses.

Well Chrisdeman, after further review it seems as though you are correct in that, I was indeed the instigator. I apoligize for that.

Maybe I got my wires crossed and responded to you instead of one that went more against my grain. Anyway, I offer my hand in apology.

One thing I would like to clear up though. You misunderstood me when I mentioned FPLs safety program. FPL doesn't offer ANY type of motorcycle safety course. What I said was they taught the same principles in the motorcycle safety courses.

They developed a very good program in understanding why and how accidents take place and how they can be prevented.

Firesole said:
Well hopefully you wear your seatbelt every day, you do not smoke cigarettes, drink alcohol, eat red meat, etc, etc, etc. Accidents happen. People need to quit judging everyone else's lives and choices and worry more about their own.
I wear my seatbelt, I don't smoke or drink. I do eat red meat though.

I equally resent people telling me "come on man live a little you dont live forever" as people judging the opposite way. (Not saying anyone does it here though, but I DO know people who say it.)

Crisdeman said:
Why not? He made a stupid decision, thats what idiots are notorious for doing.

the way the poster I quoted typed it...I thought he was calling one of the other posters an idiot for riding a motorcycle...I didn't think he was talking about Ben. My apologies.

themole said:
Well Chrisdeman, after further review it seems as though you are correct in that, I was indeed the instigator. I apoligize for that.

Maybe I got my wires crossed and responded to you instead of one that went more against my grain. Anyway, I offer my hand in apology.

One thing I would like to clear up though. You misunderstood me when I mentioned FPLs safety program. FPL doesn't offer ANY type of motorcycle safety course. What I said was they taught the same principles in the motorcycle safety courses.

They developed a very good program in understanding why and how accidents take place and how they can be prevented.

No big deal, apologies from me too. The FPL motorcylce class was more tongue-in-cheek than anything serious, I figured FPL has a safety program for their drivers, etc since it's such a large company and the crews travel all over the place.

Rocky Raccoon said:
the way the poster I quoted typed it...I thought he was calling one of the other posters an idiot for riding a motorcycle...I didn't think he was talking about Ben. My apologies.

It's all good.

I think the aspect that makes me really think he's not very bright is the fact that in the interviews prior about riding he keeps going on about how he only rides harleys and choppers and doesn't ride sport bikes. Yet he's on one of the fastest sport bikes available when he eats it, what happened to his chopper or his harley?

Back
Top Bottom