[MERGED] 25 million dollars for Smiley!? | Page 14 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

[MERGED] 25 million dollars for Smiley!?

That very well could be, I do know he was signed as a LG as well though.

I am not saying this is a poor signing. Actually when this happened on our MB we were saying well there is step one to a credible line in MIA

Leonard davis was never meant to be the Cowboys' LG. they already had Kyle Kosier playing that position. Davis was their RG all along

Our FO had Smiley #1 on our list. We signed him before anyone signed anywhere else. We already had him locked up before he even hit the market. If that don't tell you doubters something I don't know what else to say. Bill makes short lists of players he wants in FA and the draft and for Smiley to be at the top says alot to me.

So you are saying that because he was signed so quick and because Parcells wanted him so bad that it's a great pick up and their is no doubt that he was the best option for us? Right now...I just don't see it. What should this tell us "doubters?" That Bill wanted him bad...so what? It does not mean that it will work for us. Now we are about to trade for a NT in Dallas who is old and coming off a serious injury...great just great!!! So far I think this front office is making mistakes...that's what I don't like about certain GM's they get fixated on their guys...and sometimes it's a big mistake.

Go Fins!!!

The point is, OG is such an easy position to fill. They're about as low a hanging fruit as you can find position-wise. Hadnot would've maintained some continuity on the line and the difference between the two is minimal, though Hadnot weighs more. Both can play Center or OG, and we probably could've signed Rex for less money. This was a waste of money, period.

Rex Hadnot is not a good guard. You seem to have forgotten that a rookie almost replaced him on the line last year. Bad teams are willing to accept low-hangin fruit guards. We need good to great guards to start being a power offense.

So you are saying that because he was signed so quick and because Parcells wanted him so bad that it's a great pick up and their is no doubt that he was the best option for us? Right now...I just don't see it. What should this tell us "doubters?" That Bill wanted him bad...so what? It does not mean that it will work for us. Now we are about to trade for a NT in Dallas who is old and coming off a serious injury...great just great!!! So far I think this front office is making mistakes...that's what I don't like about certain GM's they get fixated on their guys...and sometimes it's a big mistake.

Go Fins!!!
Smiley wasn't a Parcells guy and yeah I'm confident in him. Bill trek record speaks for it's self. A torn bicep and a seperated shoulder isn't major injuries. They are just injuries you can't play with at the time. I never heard of anyones career ending over neither of them. Besides that you need people that know you system especially old vets to help be a coach on the feild. It is better for a short term fix and for developeing youth. We can't draft everyone and their is no since signing old guys that you will have toteach a system too. Bill and Jeff know what they are doing and have been successfull at it for a long time. Their is a method behind rebuilding and no one has ever done it better than our VP.

Smiley wasn't a Parcells guy and yeah I'm confident in him. Bill trek record speaks for it's self. A torn bicep and a seperated shoulder isn't major injuries. They are just injuries you can't play with at the time. I never heard of anyones career ending over neither of them. Besides that you need people that know you system especially old vets to help be a coach on the feild. It is better for a short term fix and for developeing youth. We can't draft everyone and their is no since signing old guys that you will have toteach a system too. Bill and Jeff know what they are doing and have been successfull at it for a long time. Their is a method behind rebuilding and no one has ever done it better than our VP.

Ferguson is his guy. And those are serious injuries...if you go on IR they are serious IMO.

Go Fins!!!

Ferguson is his guy. And those are serious injuries...if you go on IR they are serious IMO.

Go Fins!!!
I've never seen them force anyone to retire over them or not recover 100%. Their not like knee or head injuries or even broken bones. I know Ferguson is his guy.

Back
Top Bottom