Merged 2X: Mare's Ineffectiveness / Man, what is with Mare? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged 2X: Mare's Ineffectiveness / Man, what is with Mare?

Gonk

Active Roster
Reaction score
Man, what is with Mare?

This guy missed like one FG in the past two years, and he's already missed two alone tonight. We should be up 16-7 right now. Very frustrating.

At what point do we look at bringing in a new kicker. This guy struggled big time last year too. I'm sick of it! Our special teams is one of the worst units in the leauge right now.

ok, not that I'm not ill at Mare for the miss, but WHEN WILL WE REALIZE THAT WE NEED TO COVER THE DIAMOND?! I'ts rediculous! So many injuries and crap like that happening. Mare is like ice from there, I'm not going to try to make excuses for him, but it sure as hell didn't help! And if i remember right, Mare had a slow start at the start of last season too, hopefuly he'll get it back...

Agreed... I'm going to give Mare this one... that dirt has got to be damn near impossible to kick in. Certainly not a reason to start calling for Mare's head. Now if he starts shanking it from the grass.... then we'll talk.

Mare's Ineffectiveness

I know some of you won't care either way, but we shouldn't be so quick to get on some "Bench Mare" bandwagon. His first field goal attempt of the entire season came on a 51 yard attempt! His terrible shank came on the dirt infield (which we all hate). I'm not trying to make excuses for the guy, just give a little insight into why he's not being as effective as we might hope.

He's obviously a little cold right now, but we all know Mare can boot the ball, and he'll be automatic in the games where we'll really need him. As with the Texans game, I'd rather our players get all the cobwebs and rust cleared out in the beginning of the season, than make critical mistakes at the end of the season.

As for the other half of our kicking game, Royals, I'm holding my breath every time he punts the ball. We need to seriously replace him next season.

It totally agree. The guy's really not had a chance all season and, when he does, he has to do it off grass. I wouldn't worry too much about the kicking game (at least where Mare's concerned), it will be fine.

Do not even blame it on the dirt. Mare whiffed that one by a whole lot. Mare just whiffed them...not because the dirt was there.

Mare has MORE than paid his dues. Didn't he used to be our leading scorer, j/k. SHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

Re: Man, what is with Mare?

Originally posted by Gonk
This guy missed like one FG in the past two years, and he's already missed two alone tonight. We should be up 16-7 right now. Very frustrating.

check your stats...mare has been extremely erratic over the past couple of years. i'm not nearly as comfortable when he lines up as i used to be

Olindo does need to shape up because he's making close to $2 million a year which is very high for a kicker. But the first miss was 51 yards, not somethin you should count too much against him because a lot of kickers dont even get 50 yard kick attempts unless its really needed...and the second kick was on the dirt infield and I knew that miss was coming because of it.

I remember one season when I swear he was... I WILL blame it on the dirt. Try and stop me. If you are thinking about not falling on your bum and possibly getting injured... how in Marino's name are you going to concentrate on not whiffing it? I have played on a baseball infield in football cleets in highschool... and let me tell you that you get NO traction whatsoever. None, zip, zilch nada. Try planting your foot to get some leverage behind a ball when the surface might as well be ice. [\rant] As I said... if he had miffed on the grass, I MIGHT start being concerned... but you don't just replace the second most accurate kicker in the history of football because he missed two semi-short ones. If you want to ride someone's a$$.... start with McKnight. Had he been paying attention... we shut the Jills out. Period. Case closed. [\rant] (no really... I'm done ranting... for now)

Back
Top Bottom