MERGED 2X: Scout's Honor: Camp Preview / Does anyone like | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

MERGED 2X: Scout's Honor: Camp Preview / Does anyone like

Justasportsfan

FinHeaven Elite
☠️ Banned ☠️
Reaction score
SCOUT'S HONOR: Dolphins pre-camp preview

TEAM ATMOSPHERE
The Dolphins' organization in a lot of ways gives off the aura of instability. They continually try to patchwork their roster every spring for a quick fix, but it's evident that they lack a clear direction as an organization. They possess some excellent leaders like linebacker Zach Thomas in the locker room, but there are a lot of personalities and not enough "team" guys on this roster.

http://www.foxsports.com/content/view?contentId=2520644

It seems to me that most of what is written in that article is actually quite true

Justasportsfan said:
TEAM ATMOSPHERE
The Dolphins' organization in a lot of ways gives off the aura of instability. They continually try to patchwork their roster every spring for a quick fix, but it's evident that they lack a clear direction as an organization. They possess some excellent leaders like linebacker Zach Thomas in the locker room, but there are a lot of personalities and not enough "team" guys on this roster.

I agree with the analysis based on what i've seen, read, and heard. I think the players do have a "Me" issue and the jury is still out on the leadership of the organization. We have enough right now to be good and beat down the hoes of the league, but we are nowhere close to being a great team....so far.

Just what one guy says, i must say tho alot of what he worte is messed up...in the AFC East at a glance he said he least fav move was trading for David Boston:fire: !, tht tells me this guys an idiot cuz for a 6th round pick and a 4th-5th corner on our team almost ne player woulda been a good deal...but when tht player is a Pro Bowl reciever who on an off year wit a bad team had more yards then all of our WR's i dont see how tht was our worst move.:confused:

It's not orgianl

It's not orginal. It just a collection of everything that everbody has written before him. It's all been said before. And frankly there is really nothing new in it. It doesn't impress me at all. It's just hurd mentality. If one writer says it then they all go with the flow.

Dolphins Pre-camp Preview

Camp Preview From Fox Sports, Can't Post Link because I don't have 10 posts.
Miami Dolphins

CAMP SITE: Training Center
ROOKIES REPORT: July 29
VETERANS REPORT: July 30

TEAM ATMOSPHERE

POSITION OF STRENGTH

Pending the status of pass rush DE Adewale Ogunleye, the Dolphins are well stacked along the front four. Ogunleye and Jason Taylor provide unmatched production from the perimeter. And they have very effective cloggers inside with Tim Bowens, Larry Chester and all-motor guy Jeff Zgonina. The interior guys shut down opponents on the ground while the perimeter guys are aggressively disrupting the timing of opposing passing games. But time is running out on this unit. It's an aging unit inside and economics could force Ogunleye elsewhere. This could be the last hurrah.

POSITION OF WEAKNESS
Despite all the changes across the O-line, plenty of questions remain to be sorted out during training camp. Tony Wise has his work cut out for him to mold an inexperienced group. Wade Smith added bulk during the spring, but still has growing pains to work through at left tackle. Jeno James should be a good addition at left guard. He's tough, but can also get lost out in space. Seth McKinney has good tools in the pivot, but must prove he can settle down mentally and handle the responsibilities of playing center for 16 games. How quickly can rookie Vernon Carey establish himself at right tackle without major growing pains? Is there a legitimate answer at right guard? Greg Jerman hasn't been a bad fill-in, but doesn't project as a long-term starter. Taylor Whitley has good tools, but was overwhelmed mentally during training camp last summer. As you see, there are lots of questions, but few answers right now.

BIGGEST QUESTION MARK
Can A.J. Feeley lift the offense? If the offensive line gives Feeley room to work, he'll be in a position to succeed. The key for Feeley will be making sound decisions with the football. Feeley has much better physical skills than Jay Fiedler and plays with a lot of confidence. At the same time, expect some growing pains. Feeley only has a handful of games under his belt and is working in a completely different offensive system than what he was used to in Philadelphia.

KEY POSITION BATTLE(S)
The Dolphins are complementing Sammy Knight by becoming younger and more athletic at the free safety position. A better athlete is needed to pair with the slow-footed Knight, but will anyone emerge as a dependable option? Arturo Freeman should have had this spot cemented, but he has made too many mental mistakes in the past to hand him the starting job. Freeman must show more sustained focus on the field. Former Packer Antuan Edwards is a good athlete who continues to have potential as a cover guy, but has been unable to stay healthy long enough to establish himself as a consistent performer. A darkhorse to watch is Yeremiah Bell. Bell can cover ground, shows toughness, and isn't afraid to compete for the ball in the air.

IMPACT NEWCOMER
Chris Chambers has been a one-dimensional downfield receiver without a lot of support around him  not a good mix for any team's passing game. Adding David Boston could fill the link that's been missing in the passing game for years. He's a very physical receiver with the athletic skills to make a lot of plays. When focused, Boston is among the league's elite pass catchers. CRITICAL LOSS
Todd Wade was the closest thing to represent stability along the offensive line for a few years. He was a solid right tackle, but the Dolphins had no choice but to let him walk after he was offered elite money by the Houston Texans. Wade is a solid right tackle, but was offered left tackle money. Credit the Dolphins for displaying fiscal responsibility for the long term here.

Pretty good read, cant find a whole lot to disagree with

BTW i wasnt talkin bout the earlier link(when i said nice read, not much to disagree wit)

njfinfan said:
our Miami football organization?

LAND OF CONFUSION
PRE-CAMP PREVIEW: Is there any direction in Miami?

Reminds me of a Phil Collins song in the mid 90's (Land of Confusion)....

Ohhh Superman where are you know?... Well everything gone wrong, somehow... The man steel, with the powers... We're loosing, control by the hour.... :)

Sorry, got caught up in a loop... ;)

Back
Top Bottom