Merged(3X): Practice squad announced/Dolphins sign 5 to P.S./Practice Squad | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged(3X): Practice squad announced/Dolphins sign 5 to P.S./Practice Squad

Originally posted by Ozzy

That catch he made against the Saints near the goaline made me a believer

Same for me. That catch by Newson was a thing of beauty. Surely one of the best I've ever seen. I'm glad we're hanging on to him in some way, at least for the time being. Just hope no one will want to add him to their 53 man roster before we do or need to.

Originally posted by Predaphin34
I dont think PS players travel with the team......Im surprised R.Edwards wasnt signed to the PS.

If you are on the active squad for 8 or 9 games you are no longer eligible for the PS. Edwards played in all 16 games his rookie year in NE

Originally posted by Predaphin34
I dont think PS players travel with the team......Im surprised R.Edwards wasnt signed to the PS.

He would not be eligible. There is only a certain limited number of games that a player can be active and still be later placed on the practice squad. Edwards would have gone over the limit his rookie year. Lowe and Jerman were on the 53 man roster last year, but neither was activated to that point. Lowe I don't think ever was, Jerman maybe 2-3 times.

Even if Edwards was eligible, I doubt he would sign seeing how he would most likely get play on regular rosters by some teams around the league.

Yeah Edwards will find a job elsewhere (please not with the Pats), so he wouldn't go to a pratice squad anyway if it was possible for him.

Practice Squad

Looks like some of you guys were right. Some of the cuts made it to the practice squad.
The Miami Dolphins signed safety Yeremiah Bell, offensive tackle Greg Jerman, wide receiver Kendall Newson, cornerback Alphonso Roundtree and quarterback Clint Stoerner to their practice squad today.

Here's a link to the full article:

http://www.miamidolphins.com/home/home_index.asp

Originally posted by jaketaylor
Why does the NFL even call it a "practice squad"? They should just let each team have 58-60 players- any of whom may be used in any given game. Sometimes the NFL seems to want to make things too confusing instead of simple.

Because those 5 players only get 60,000 a year while the cheapest salary that can be paid (by contract) in the actual NFL is 6 figures.

I'm glad Bell was signed. I think he will develop into something in the future. Maybe even a starter?
From what I've read he was a really good safety in college, probably a 1st rounder until his knee injury.

I hope we sign Korey Banks to the PS soon, he desrves to be here. Dissapointed to hear Lowe has not found a job yet. Who is this QB stoner?

Dolphins Sign Five Players For Practice Squad

Dolphins Sign Five Players For Practice Squad
The Miami Dolphins signed safety Yeremiah Bell, offensive tackle Greg Jerman, wide receiver Kendall Newson, cornerback Alphonso Roundtree and quarterback Clint Stoerner to their practice squad today
but happens when those PS guys get all bored :sleep: from not playing in games and their is a stoner amongst them :groovy:

seriously, sounds like a good start. I am sure Stoney will only last as long as Griese is not 100% and then we can get another prospect or such...

Originally posted by bdwgroove

If you are on the active squad for 8 or 9 games you are no longer eligible for the PS. Edwards played in all 16 games his rookie year in NE

Not to correct, because you did say it right, but just to clarify. Players are with 8 games under their belts, or after three years are no longer eligible for the PS!

Back
Top Bottom