Merged 3x: Troy Williamson (Update) | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged 3x: Troy Williamson (Update)

The guy can't see worth a crap and couldn't catch a cold in a virus factory. Yeah that's what we need ..a blind guy with rocks for hands.

You guys are blowing things out of proportion. When you take a #3 WR and assign the role of being a #1 WR and your QB is Travaris Jackson, GOOD LUCK! I'm not blaming Williamson's poor play on Minnesota's poor QB play, but honestly, he's more than capable of being a #3 WR with the potential of being a #2.

I hate to burst Finheaven's bubble, but he's a better option than Derek Hagan.

You guys are blowing things out of proportion. When you take a #3 WR and assign the role of being a #1 WR and your QB is Travaris Jackson, GOOD LUCK! I'm not blaming Williamson's poor play on Minnesota's poor QB play, but honestly, he's more than capable of being a #3 WR with the potential of being a #2.

While I will give you that Jackson isn't that great of a QB, they've had several QB's throwing to him and he can't catch from any of them. And as for him being a #3 guy . . . . . he was drafted in the first round at the #7 spot. The highest pick the Vikings have ever used on a WR. I don't think they did that expecting him to be the #3 guy. Also, he's actually listed as their starting left WR, so I'm not sure how that equates to #3. But as for us bringing him down here . . . . . . just plain and simple a bad idea. I don't know if Hagan or others we bring in are the solution to the WR issues, but unless you want to watch him sprint down the field, occasionally getting open and then dropping a sure-TD pass right in his hands . . . . . . it's not worth it. He also won't come here for league min because some stupid team will just look at the fact that he was a 1st round pick and that he's fast and offer him like 1 mil a year to drop balls for them. Let someone else make that huge mistake, we've made our share of those already at the QB spot.

I don't know if to write him off so fast. I think at the right price, he could be a solid pickup. Last time I checked we needed some options at WR

I'd take Camarillo, Hagan or Kerry Reed over him. Probably give David Sutton another shot too, before considering him.

You don't draft #3 receivers with the 7th overall pick. He was brought in to be their go to #1 guy. Now, Sidney Rice is that guy (who will be a hell of a player by the way.)

I dont mind this team doesn't need a star at every position. He has blazing speed if put in the right situation he can be deadly deep threat.

I'm probably a better WR right now than he is, and I'm slow with an achy hip. I can catch a ball though.

If he is Relased i wouldnt mind Picking him up if he is Cheap or i also wouldnt mind picking up Stallworth if he doesnt ask for much

Troy Williamson = WR version of John Avery = 1st round Bust

John Avery to me is the most misunderstood Dolphin in history. Yes we traded him after one year but that was due to his practice habits, but on the field he produced about as well as a rookie could be expected. I blame this so called bust more on mr ego Jimmy Johnson. He took this guy with a 1st round pick and gave up on him after one season by trading him for a guy that would never see the field. He definately should have got more for his round 1 pick than Marcus Nash who had a career 4 catches.

John Avery as a rookie set the single season combined yards for a rookie with 1655. Not truly an amazing record but people do seem to gush about Ginn setting this record this year with 2009 yards. The reason I say its not so amazing is that the main yards these guys rack up are return yards and Avery might have been fairly close to this number if he also returned punts or was a starter.

As a rookie these were Avery's stats

143 rushes for 503 yards 3.5 avg, 10 rec for 67 yards averaged 25.2 yards a kick return.

As a team we only averaged 3.4 a game and our leading rusher Jabbar 3.6.
The next year our rookie back tandem of Johnson and Collins did no better at 3.4 and 3.2 respectively.

This would have placed him 4th in rookie rushing yards this year.
Alot of rookie backs have had alot less yards and almost none have ever been traded so fast.

He actually had more yards from scrimmage than Ted GInn but somehow he was this major bust and we rave about Ginn.He also did not start one game his rookie year.

Not saying Avery was a stud but maybe if Johnson had tried to develop him
he may have turned into a good player for us. At the least he seemed a good change of pace back, did not fumble alot and was a great kick returner for us
he averaged 25 yards a kick return for us which is higher than Ginn's by almost three yards. I don't look at Avery as a bust for us just another example of Johnson messing up the fins with his ego.

We only have Ted Ginn and Derek Hagan as NFL worthy receivers why not take a chance on a guy like this.

You don't draft #3 receivers with the 7th overall pick. He was brought in to be their go to #1 guy. Now, Sidney Rice is that guy (who will be a hell of a player by the way.)
And as for him being a #3 guy . . . . . he was drafted in the first round at the #7 spot. The highest pick the Vikings have ever used on a WR. I don't think they did that expecting him to be the #3 guy. Also, he's actually listed as their starting left WR, so I'm not sure how that equates to #3. But as for us bringing him down here . . . . . . just plain and simple a bad idea. I don't know if Hagan or others we bring in are the solution to the WR issues, but unless you want to watch him sprint down the field, occasionally getting open and then dropping a sure-TD pass right in his hands . . . . . . it's not worth it. He also won't come here for league min because some stupid team will just look at the fact that he was a 1st round pick and that he's fast and offer him like 1 mil a year to drop balls for them. Let someone else make that huge mistake, we've made our share of those already at the QB spot.

No offense, but if you guys don't understand what you read, please ask. Not a single line in my post implied that Williamson was drafted at #7 overall to be a #3 WR. I could care less what the hell the Vikings drafted him for. I am speaking in terms of the Miami Dolphins, and that is beyond obvious by making the claim that Troy Williams could potentially be an upgrade over Derek Hagan, who is slated to be our #3 WR at best next year......(it'd be a disappointment if we don't add a true #1 or #2)

While I will give you that Jackson isn't that great of a QB, they've had several QB's throwing to him and he can't catch from any of them.
And if it was Ted Ginn, people would blame the horrible QB's just like the Chris Chambers situation, which turned up correct now that he has a good QB throwing him the ball.

I don't care how many QB's have thrown him the ball. They're all terrible, lol.
We only have Ted Ginn and Derek Hagan as NFL worthy receivers why not take a chance on a guy like this.

My point exactly.

At a cheap price, what the hell would it hurt?

Aside from Ginn, our receivers suck. Period.

Back
Top Bottom