Merged 4x:ESPN Insider Article: KC Surtain agree,in principle to a contract | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged 4x:ESPN Insider Article: KC Surtain agree,in principle to a contract

Good point, some DB's like Dunta for the Texans pan out in a year but it is unlikely. There offense is like our defense really, they're window of opportunity will fade after this year unless they can stop teams on the defensive side of the ball and get some good receivers.

No I expect us to eventually end up with a 2nd. K.C. will get scared someone may jump in and grab Surtain like the Chargers or possibly Arizona even.

Rhody Phins Fan said:
We'll probably end up with a third.

They don't have a third to give.

Do you think that the cheifs would take Surtain our 3rd, 5th round selections in the draft for their 1st?

Jaj said:
No I expect us to eventually end up with a 2nd. K.C. will get scared someone may jump in and grab Surtain like the Chargers or possibly Arizona even.
I have a gut feeling it'll be next year's 2nd, with maybe a 5th rounder thrown in this year.

d-day said:
thanks for the thread nublar - you undoubtabley are the king of current news posts - you help make this site go :cooldude:
Thanks for the compliment. If this site can have an official Artist, I want to be the official news finder. :goof:

KC better wise up and give us the 2nd. But they won't, and that's why they've won all of one playoff game the last 25 years.

Screw that. They give us their 1st rounder or we keep Surtain and Franchise him next year.

Two good prime years out of your best player is worth more than a measely 2nd rounder.

I believe Saban understands Surtain's value. He's worth much more to us than the piddling 2nd that KC wants to give up.

Sounds too low if you ask me. Their GM is a cheap *** but he'll shake a bit if he hears a rumor of another team jumping in and trying to make a deal. The Chargers would actually be smart to get Surtain with their 28th pick by asking for our 3rd+Surtain. That amounts to basically two 2nd round picks for their 1st. It works out pretty well in trade value and considering the cap space they have this year, plus the need to cover Randy Moss, and their failure at drafting secondary.... The Chargers should do that deal.

We'll end up with just two first day picks but we'll probably end up getting more by trading down from the #2 overall.

miamirw said:
Screw that. They give us their 1st rounder or we keep Surtain and Franchise him next year.

Two good prime years out of your best player is worth more than a measely 2nd rounder.

I believe Saban understands Surtain's value. He's worth much more to us than the piddling 2nd that KC wants to give up.

KC doesn't even want to give up the 2nd. They're offering a 4th.

it will either be a 4th or 2nd. they dont have a 3rd rounder. eventually they will give in.

SN1P3R said:
it will either be a 4th or 2nd. they dont have a 3rd rounder. eventually they will give in.
they do have a 3rd - a compensatory for Tait for last year.

they can't trade that away, but they DO have a 3rd. so there's no reason they can't give up a 2nd now...

Back
Top Bottom