Merged 4x:ESPN Insider Article: KC Surtain agree,in principle to a contract | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged 4x:ESPN Insider Article: KC Surtain agree,in principle to a contract

Nublar7

Retired FinHeaven Staff
Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score
Merged:ESPN Insider Article: KC Surtain agree,in principle to a contract

http://www.mercurynews.com/mld/mercurynews/sports/11281675.htm
Dolphins cornerback Patrick Surtain and the Kansas City Chiefs have agreed in principle to a multiyear contract extension that includes an eight-digit signing bonus provided a trade between the teams can be worked out, sources said.

The Chiefs reportedly are offering a fourth-round draft choice while the Dolphins are believed to be insistent upon a selection in the first three rounds.
So if the Chiefs just agree to send us a 2nd rounder the deal will be complete. It is no longer money, but compensation.

At this point in time I don't think we are getting our second, but I also don't think that Saban will let Rick let him go for a 4th.

Come on Vermill just start crying, hug him and welcome him to the team.:cry:
phinpunk14 said:
At least we're making some progress

I'd hate to lose him for a 3rd. I don't know if it's that article but another one said we'd keep him this year if we had to and use the tag on him next year so we'd have him for 2 more years possibly.

this is good. it sprogress ill bet there will be a trade some where in the next couple of days.

its still kinda tough to see our best cornerback leave, but i think its all for the better for the miami dolphins, this will help with the progress of becoming a playoff team... now all we need is Braylon and Adrian, and we'll be all set for the future. (we'll pick up that running back in the 2nd round plus i believe ricky will be back). We'll be ok........

Why are the cheifs even considering getting Surtain anyway? They could get Miller, Rogers, Rolle or Pacman if they fall to them. Future great DB's.

KC better wise up and give us the 2nd. But they won't, and that's why they've won all of one playoff game the last 25 years.

Dolfan2788 said:
Why are the cheifs even considering getting Surtain anyway? They could get Miller, Rogers, Rolle or Pacman if they fall to them. Future great DB's.

Uh... Because they can get Surtain for a 2nd rounder while their offense is actually in its prime. Second how do you know they'll be great DBs? Even if they do pan out it's not likely they'll be as good as Surtain is. Surtain is a top 5 CB.

Yes but at the No 15 spot they don't have to pay anywhere near Surtain money. None of them will be better than Surtain but the money and draft picks involved, I would rather take a rookie.

They aren't in that bad cap strain. Many rookies take very long to pan out. That team is getting quite old on offense.

d-day said:
thanks for the thread nublar - you undoubtabley are the king of current news posts - you help make this site go :cooldude:
:yes:

They Have other holes they need to fill with that pick. They still do need a big play reciever like Troy Williamson
Dolfan2788 said:
Yes but at the No 15 spot they don't have to pay anywhere near Surtain money. None of them will be better than Surtain but the money and draft picks involved, I would rather take a rookie.

Back
Top Bottom