(Merged 4x) Rumor: Dolphins seriously interested in Atogwe | Page 26 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

(Merged 4x) Rumor: Dolphins seriously interested in Atogwe

My gut tells me this one could take a while. We're in the area of the post season where teams aren't in the mood to give up big bucks, and at the same time I believe that most of OTAs are done, so there could be some staring contests going on with this negotiation. A team could try and get this done very quickly in order to get him into the next round of mini camps, but if that passes, then they could continue the staring contests right through to training camp. We'll see. I'm up right now for good old fashioned reasons...insomnia. Not cuz of O.J. Atogwe.

Step one complete and I don't agree with you this time old friend. If Miami wants this guy they cannot waste anytime. This has to be a deal that gets done like the Dansby, Marshall and Nolan deals.

I am coming in-and-out of this thread in hopes of some good news.

ive been waiting for ever for this day.. ok ok like 24 days. hope he is a fin, hope if he isn't clemmons is the answer.

Good news: Nolan has been known for wanting a veteran FS. Last year the Broncos signed Brian Dawkins and I bet that it's because Nolan wanted him. Now let's just hope he wants Atogwe as the veteran FS!

I hope I get home from work in the afternoon and find out he is coming in for a visit... I am not gonna be able to work at all with out knowing what will happen.

I hope I get home from work in the afternoon and find out he is coming in for a visit... I am not gonna be able to work at all with out knowing what will happen.

If you cant log into finheaven it means the server crashed. ONLY great things have caused this to occur this offseason. cross your fingers.....

I don't believe the server has "crashed" since the site switched to the new one .

There's nothing preventing Atogwe and the Rams from continuing to work toward a long-term agreement, particularly if the sides exercise good faith.

The Rams had until midnight Tuesday to upgrade their one-year offer to Atogwe from $1.226 million to nearly $7 million, a move that would have allowed the Rams to maintain rights to the restricted free agent. But if the team had valued Atogwe at that level, its previous offer probably would have reflected as much.

Instead, the Rams took a calculated gamble. Atogwe is gambling as well. He turns 29 later this month and he's coming off an injury shortened season, so now is the time for him to maximize his value. Whatever the Rams offered before the June 1 deadline could decline in the future. That would be unfortunate for Atogwe if the market fails to bring him a deal more in line with the $6.3 million he earned from the Rams in 2009.

The Rams and Atogwe are victims of unusual circumstances. The Rams' pending ownership change probably makes them less flexible than they might otherwise be financially. Changes in labor rules hurt Atogwe by making him only a restricted free agent this offseason. Related rules left the Rams with rather extreme options -- $1.226 million or nearly $7 million -- as they decided how to value a good but not great player.

One key could be to what extent the relationship between Atogwe and the Rams survives these unusual circumstances. There's still time to for the Rams to keep him in St. Louis if both parties negotiate in good faith.

http://espn.go.com/blog/nfcwest/post/_/id/18829/thoughts-as-atogwe-becomes-free-agent

If you cant log into finheaven it means the server crashed. ONLY great things have caused this to occur this offseason. cross your fingers.....
Before I go to school in the morning I am gonna try FH... If I get the home page, we didn't get him LOL.

Lol we paid Marshall and Dansby alotttttttttt of money..But yeah,I hear ya..PAY THE MAN!!.
I know we paid them alot I was kidding lol but yeah lets pay for O.J. and win him a superbowl along with dansby and marshall...

Hey Finatic! I'm the one who just followed you on twitter at www.twitter.com/lancezar. Hahah just letting you know, as you can see im more of a lurker on this site rather than a poster. Lets get Atogwe NOWW!!

Back
Top Bottom