(Merged 4x) Rumor: Dolphins seriously interested in Atogwe | Page 27 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

(Merged 4x) Rumor: Dolphins seriously interested in Atogwe

I know we paid them alot I was kidding lol but yeah lets pay for O.J. and win him a superbowl along with dansby and marshall...

hah,yeah I know ya were but I agree though,pay him 7 mill a year or w/e. He is top FS and would make our D top 5 easily..I hope tomma brings good news :hump:

I found this to be very interesting, and backs up what I have seen of Atogwe (I'll be the first to admit, I have only seen maybe 3 Rams games, but I have a friend who is a Ram fan and has hyped this kid up, so I have paid attention and watched when I could) He is great in playing the ballhawk role, but anything involving stopping the run he is not even average.

http://ramsherd.com/2010/06/01/farewell-to-atogwe-the-difference-maker/

There is a lot of information on there, but it shows how the Rams performed against the run and pass with each of the Safety pairings last year, depending on who was playing due to injuries. Most noticeable is how poorly they performed against the run when Atogwe was playing, and it was not even close. Anyway, just thought I would share that with you guys. Pretty interesting read.

I found this to be very interesting, and backs up what I have seen of Atogwe (I'll be the first to admit, I have only seen maybe 3 Rams games, but I have a friend who is a Ram fan and has hyped this kid up, so I have paid attention and watched when I could) He is great in playing the ballhawk role, but anything involving stopping the run he is not even average.

http://ramsherd.com/2010/06/01/farewell-to-atogwe-the-difference-maker/

There is a lot of information on there, but it shows how the Rams performed against the run and pass with each of the Safety pairings last year, depending on who was playing due to injuries. Most noticeable is how poorly they performed against the run when Atogwe was playing, and it was not even close. Anyway, just thought I would share that with you guys. Pretty interesting read.
well if you're a passing team and you know the other team has a tandem of safeties that are good against the pass, I would think you would run more often? and vice versa.

I agree with that thinking. However, it is hard to say that they played x number of passing teams in a row, or running teams in a row, etc. In the few times I saw Atogwe, I saw a guy with above average instincts, and good athleticism once he locates the ball. I had never seen him make a one-on-one tackle against a back in the run game. That is not to say that he can't, or hasn't, I just think he is not very good in the run game. I just wanted to share something with you guys, rather than speculation, something to think about. I am of the mindset that we need to upgrade the FS position, but I am not the GM and the coaches, they know where they stand.

04:50 am.....cant sleep in the hope for some news, Ill regret it tomorrow, just cant sleep. Insomnia? I dont know, but if nothing was going on today, Id be in a snoring contest with my pug.....

04:50 am.....cant sleep in the hope for some news, Ill regret it tomorrow, just cant sleep. Insomnia? I dont know, but if nothing was going on today, Id be in a snoring contest with my pug.....

I would be too. But thankfully I work overnight. If anything happens it will be announced about 8 am-ish eastern time. That is about the time the Marshall deal was announced. That one was crazy. I was trying to get on the boards at about 6:30 or so in the morning (mountain time) to check on a few threads before going home and the site wouldn't load. So I wandered over to ESPN.com and saw the news there. That was nutty. So hopefully if we sign Atogwe it won't be so crazy. I personally think the site will survive should he sign today.

EDIT: This might have been mentioned already. But you realize that if we sign Atogwe, we might have another jersey number debate on our plate? Just pointing it out.

Fair enough - no argument from me there. But I can't help but wonder why Allen at FS is not an option they're considering (if no Atogwe). Or maybe they are and it's plan B.

The season hasn't started yet. I wouldn't rule this out if the coaching staff doesn't like what they see when the team pads up. Shorts and shoulder pads are one thing but when the true pre-season hits all bets are off, you better believe they will put the best 11 out there come Sep 12th. and if Will Allen ends up being the FS presuming a late pre-season switch then you better believe it will happen. If Troy Brown can play corrner for nine games the switch to FS shouldn't be too hard for Will Allen if it is needed.

Again, you guys are staying awake for absolutely nothing. There won't be a signing for at least 2-3 days.

The Cowboys have yet to sign a player in free agency and Jerry Jones said last week the team is keeping an eye on the market. An option is available: Oshiomogho Atogwe.

Now that St. Louis has not been able to sign Atogwe to a long-term deal, he is an unrestricted free agent. The Rams put the low tender on him as a restricted free agent worth $1.226 million but after Tuesday came and went they had to pay him $6.976 million because of his salary last year as a franchise player.

The Rams don't want to pay him that much, but according to the St. Louis Post Dispatch, the sides will continue to work on a long-term deal.

This brings the Cowboys - and every other team - into play. The Cowboys have always kept themselves ready for signings in the past. La'Roi Glover was a surprise signing. Ken Hamlin came late in the free agent process, though not this late.

Just the vibe from Valley Ranch suggests the Cowboys are not interested in Atogwe at a major price. They feel like they've been burned by the big deals they gave Roy Williams and Ken Hamlin at that spot and don't wanted to get singed again.

http://bit.ly/cwiZOu

Probably 2-3 weeks. He will visit a bunch of teams and then decide and mull over what teams offers are.

If that happens, Fins won't sign him. This needs to be one and done. He visits and leaves, forget about it.

Back
Top Bottom