Merged:65/35 Pass to Run against the Titans / Coaching moves that should be made | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged:65/35 Pass to Run against the Titans / Coaching moves that should be made

dolphan39

Maria & LauRen Aha!
Reaction score
Coaching moves that should be made

Coaching moves that should be made
1. Dolphins: Spread the field.

Life isn't always just a helmet full of dreadlocks when you're Ricky Williams. Sometimes it's bruises, welts and a 3-yard average per carry in your last five games. So what's wrong with Ricky? It starts up front, where the Dolphins have had some injuries and aren't getting much of a push. An inconsistent passing game and curious play-calling also have been issues. The quickest fix: Spread the field with three and four receivers to back the safety off the line or put opponents in their nickel package and give Ricky wider running lanes and fewer bodies to plow through. Of course, you need the personnel in the passing game to sell the strategy. But Miami already has begun to tinker with opening up the offense, with Brian Griese and James McKnight stepping forward in recent weeks. The Dolphins can make it work.

Odds of it happening: 1.5-1.
talk amongst yourselfs :o

65/35 Pass to Run against the Titans

I propose passing 65% of the time against the Titans. The reasons are two fold -

1. we are struggling with the run anyways
2. Even if we were not struggling, the Titans run defense is one of the best if not the best.

Plus the Titans are not really that strong against the pass other than possessing great pass rushers. So if we can pass protect good I think we can score on them. Forget about the run - we will do just enough to keep them a little honest but that may not work given our struggles.

Our offensive gameplan should be simple - if you already know what can work and what will not work just focus on what will work and that is passing the balls.

Comments?

I'd like to see lots of two TE sets. That was we can always have someone around to help Wade Smith or Turd Wade out.

And frankly, a two TE set dont hurt our passing options very much. Taking Thompson or Konrad off the field for Donald Lee isnt much of a drop, really.

And plus last week we saw Donald Lee looking like the McMicheal clone he was in training camp. I'd like to see if he can continue that.

I want to see something other then what we've been seeing. I dont quite care WHAT it is, but at least try something.

Spread the field! Spread the field! Spread the field!

Maybe closer to 70-30. In all actuality it needs to happen. Its working for tenn and there D is not as good as our. IMO

Back
Top Bottom