Merged 8X: It's Official.....Dolphins vs. Chargers to be played in Arizona | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged 8X: It's Official.....Dolphins vs. Chargers to be played in Arizona

Originally posted by RikWriter
I am glad the Fins don't have to travel from Phoenix...that, and the fact that the Bolts DO have to travel away from the home crowd will help us. There might wind up being more Fin fans in the stands than Charger fans. OTOH, Seau may have a letdown because he doesn't get to play in SD.

According to ESPN, the Phins arrived in San Diego this afternoon. But we'll find out what's going on for sure. Hopefully the Phins never left SD.

EDIT: Left FOR SD. ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Is Madden currently in San Diego? How will he make it to Arizona in time? how far is San Diego from Phoenix?

What will this do to the points spread for the game?

Originally posted by SkapePhin
Is Madden currently in San Diego? How will he make it to Arizona in time? how far is San Diego from Phoenix?

350 miles IIRC. He should be there by morning if he has a driver for his RV.

If the teams can make it from San Diego to Arizona, so can Madden.

Sun Devil holds 75,000 while Qualcom holds 71,500 meaning that there is possibly 3,500 tickets still available. I'm sure there will also be people who can't make the trip. What will thye do with these extra seats and how will they accomidate the people who can't make the trip?

Originally posted by SkapePhin

We can only hope he is stuck there. It's a 5-6 hour drive.

What a mess this is going to be. I am upset that they aren't having the game in SD since it would be Seau's homecoming but at least they are going to have the game.

Originally posted by dolphinfan8500
I'm sure there will also be people who can't make the trip.

Given that the authorities in San Diego are discouraging citizens from leaving their homes unless they are threatened by fire, and given that those whose homes ARE threatened will be unable to travel, I think it's safe to say that the vast majority of Chargers fans will be unable to make it.

this is great. not the fires though, prayers. but the bolt fans are gonna fail to attend in big numbers. the stands will fill with Phin fans. yes. this is gonna be like a home game for Phins. and the flight was shorter, or at least it should have been.

Originally posted by dolphinfan8500
If the teams can make it from San Diego to Arizona, so can Madden.

Sun Devil holds 75,000 while Qualcom holds 71,500 meaning that there is possibly 3,500 tickets still available. I'm sure there will also be people who can't make the trip. What will thye do with these extra seats and how will they accomidate the people who can't make the trip?

I asked that because Madden doesnt fly.. He takes a bus everywhere.. He is afraid of flying..

Back
Top Bottom