[MERGED 9x] Crumpler and Leftwich released from Atlanta! | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

[MERGED 9x] Crumpler and Leftwich released from Atlanta!

Alge i don't know maybe but Byron Leftwhich is a BUST to the fullest. He can't seem to stay healthy for more than 15 minutes of any game.

You got that right

Not sure how cheap he will be. But considering he was cut, how much can he ask for? I always thought he was a great catching TE. Not too sure bout his blocking skills, tho. Would be an immediate upgrade, no doubt!! Sign him up, just don't overspend!:up:

Well Mike Wahle just got cut and he still is getting decent money.
You might want to confirm that through some people that have some secret contacts because I got that off espn lol.

Would The Fat Tuna Pursue.....TE....

ALGE Crumpler???

hes a Big FAt TE that has a nice red zone target..... Id like him hes a good blocker and alos a catching threat..he got released...what you all say

Like him... but hoe old is he? we should not get an FA with big money over 28 or 29 years old...

Im all for this personally. At the right cost of course. I believe Algae is an experienced, well-sized, reliable but nothing flashy TE and would probably come in with a reasonable price tag. If he stays healthy we could see a good 3-5 yrs.? of quality, heady, veteran playmaking.

I would look at Crumpler. He's been a pro bowl caliber TE for the past 5 years or so barring the last . He missed most of the last season through injury, and I think it's the only time he's lost a significant part of a season due to injury for quite a while.

He would be a good pick up, and someone Rucker/Davis etc could be a help to when we draft a TE as well.

Give Leftwich a miss though. Maybe training camp fodder.

crump is a stud, sign 'em up - we can go younger tight end later in the draft or next year.....my worry is about our run D

Atl released Crumpler

Thoughts on signing him. I wouldn't sign him to a huge contract, but healthy hes better than what TE's we have or had in the past couple years.

i have seen some very good posts both for and against getting crumpler on this thread, but i would like to add my thoughts.

1. He is now the best tight end in free agency. If the money is not terribly high or totally guaranteed i think he would be worth a look.

2. We all want to draft a tight end, but with the addition of crumpler we good focus the top of our draft to defense and pick up a project in the later rounds to learn the ropes. I personally woulod like to use our first three or four picks on defense in a CB and LB rich draft.

3. if the drafted tight end doesn't work out as well as we like, we still have a good target in crumpler until the next draft or FA.

4. A common discussion is that a young quarterback needs a good tight end as a release valve to build confidence. Wouldn't a five time pro bowler be a good fit? With crumpler we know we either get a pro bowl quality tight end or at worst a slowing down probowl tight end with only a year or two left. We have no idea how drafted players will adjust to the NFL.

5. I believe a tight end is important in a bill parcells (or sparano's) offense. Crumpler can block and catch quite well. Better than our own tight ends or current FA's

i think that crumpler would be a good pick up to help pave the way for a decent offense until the defense gets rebuilt. As someone else in this thread stated, we can't draft every starter we need this year, so picking up a decent starter in FA allows us more options in the draft.

While Crumpler sounds very appealing (Leftwich does not), I would be shocked if one of the playoff teams with a need at TE don't come in and offer him a rediculously overpaid contract in hopes of him putting them over the top. We all would have to admit that he'd be a huge upgrade of what we currently have, but not worth paying him what he's probably going to be offered elsewhere.

i would take either for cheap. Leftwich would be a nice backup. as of now we ONLY have 1 QB and hes had 1 game in his career that wasnt bad. so we need some type of insurance.

Crumpler has a similar problem as Leftwich. his body is broken down. but past 2 years Crumpler has been really bad is recieving and has dropped far far to many balls. course he would still be more of a threat then Martin. so for a 1 year cheap deal i would take him.

we have got to add a TE threat for Beck though. he has to have a safety valve.

Back
Top Bottom