[MERGED 9x] Crumpler and Leftwich released from Atlanta! | Page 8 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

[MERGED 9x] Crumpler and Leftwich released from Atlanta!

Signing Crumpler would be a huge waste. The guy is slowing down big time and he would still command a fair amount of money. A team doing an almost complete rebuild has no need for a guy like Crumpler. Why waste the money when they can just draft someone?

Just because we are 40 million under the cap does not mean we need to run out and just start throwing money at each and every "name" player that gets released.

i agree with this... he has been slowing down, getting banged up a lot too. for the money we would spend on him, we'd be better getting off youth we can have for a career and develop. draft has some good picks!!!

ALGE Crumpler???

hes a Big FAt TE that has a nice red zone target..... Id like him hes a good blocker and alos a catching threat..he got released...what you all say
I hope he does i think he would be a great fit here he would Help out John Beck alot and he would also help out our young WRs

I'll pass on Leftwich, but wouldn't mind Crumpler if we can get him for cheap. He's older and has been a little banged up lately, and we don't need that. If we got rid of Zach, then we BETTER NOT sign any "aging" players! YOUTH, YOUTH, YOUTH!

No offense, but I am tired of every single name that gets cut being mentioned as someone to possibly play for the Dolphins.

Crumpler is slowing down-his body is starting to break down on him and even though he will be able to be had for less money than he was making with the Falcons, it will still be too much. We are so, so much better off just drafting someone.

Umm...it's called Free Agency...so we do take offense since this is the time of year that every player that is cut/released will be mentioned since Miami has already released 10 players. Get used to it.

BTW, your username....keep dreaming..you wish you were Peter North.

Any interest in Alge Crumpler?

David Martin was not the answer at tight end this year. Crumpler was just cut by Atlanta and has been to several pro bowls. He is a big guy who finds a way to get open. I'm not sure about his age, but do you think he is a possibility in Miami?

He's not really a blocking TE from what I've heard. I haven't followed him that much, so I don't really have that much info on him. I personally don't care too much for a veteran TE that doesn't block. I'd rather go cheaper and younger in someone that can block AND get open.

I saw him drop 4 passes in one game last year. NO! Hell No!

I think Alge's knees are close to calling it a day.

I'd like to give him a one year deal as Martin's replacement, and draft someone in rounds 2-3 as a longer term solution to our problems. He drops passes but he's still a threat on every play, and would provide a valuable receiving option to a younger QB like Beck.

pass. cut ZT and sign AC? at least i hope the front office will be a little consistent this year. pretty sure we're going young with almost every position we need filled except maybe QB. crumpler would be a good addition to a contending team that is a TE away form the next level. that is clearly not us.

I'd bring him in for a look. Anyone is better than "stone hands" Martin.
I think he would have been my 1st cut this offseason. What a disappointment!

Alge Crumpler

Why aren't the Dolphins showing interest in this guy? He's one of the elite TE when healthy (which he appears to be now) - good hands and can block. We need a guy like this!

Why aren't the Dolphins showing interest in this guy? He's one of the elite TE when healthy (which he appears to be now) - good hands and can block. We need a guy like this!
couldn't agree with you more. I like him alot.

I agree as well. I live in ATL and I've watched him play for a few years now. He is great and would be a nice addition.

Back
Top Bottom