*** Merged: Albert for ??? Trade MEGA-Thread *** | Page 26 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

*** Merged: Albert for ??? Trade MEGA-Thread ***

Luke Wilson as a FA or maybe even a trade for Jimmy Graham. Thomas may work out his contract and come to Miami. Perhaps they do draft a TE. One way or another Miami will get a TE for Gase.

I've also mentioned Luke Wilson, he wouldn't cost much and I think he could be a productive TE in Gase's offense.

Mike Kaye ‏@mike_e_kaye 13m13 minutes ago
Source: Dolphins aren't the only team interested in trading for #Jaguars tight end Julius Thomas

Sounds like the Jags throwing crap out there to try to get more out of the Dolphins for Thomas.

So happy this isn't true. Give me a young TE like Njoku and spend the money on guard and defense instead. Julius Thomas is a lazy bum. Remember when Peyton was caught saying "****ing Julius" on TV when he messed up? Lol

So happy this isn't true. Give me a young TE like Njoku and spend the money on guard and defense instead. Julius Thomas is a lazy bum. Remember when Peyton was caught saying "****ing Julius" on TV when he messed up? Lol

Armando is saying TE is not on the table early in the draft. IF that is so, Fins will be sorry they didn't trade for Julius.

I would rather have Howard or Njoku, but I would rather have a 1 year flier on Julius Thomas than no upgrade at all. We need a Jordan Cameron replacement, & he would be a nice fit with the Gase connection.

Armando is saying TE is not on the table early in the draft. IF that is so, Fins will be sorry they didn't trade for Julius.

I would rather have Howard or Njoku, but I would rather have a 1 year flier on Julius Thomas than no upgrade at all. We need a Jordan Cameron replacement, & he would be a nice fit with the Gase connection.

I wouldn't take Armando's word as gospel. No doubt that defense will be the #1 priority in the draft but if one of the top TEs are still there and they are higher on the Dolphins board than any of the available LBs or DEs then I doubt the Dolphins would pass the higher rated player up. This team is more than one draft away from being a Superbowl contender. I definitely wouldn't rely on a player like Julius Thomas who has never played a full NFL season and seems to play only when he wants to. I get that Gase may have a high opinion of Thomas but nothing in Thomas' career so far has shown that he is a durable/reliable player.

I wouldn't take Armando's word as gospel. No doubt that defense will be the #1 priority in the draft but if one of the top TEs are still there and they are higher on the Dolphins board than any of the available LBs or DEs then I doubt the Dolphins would pass the higher rated player up. This team is more than one draft away from being a Superbowl contender. I definitely wouldn't rely on a player like Julius Thomas who has never played a full NFL season and seems to play only when he wants to. I get that Gase may have a high opinion of Thomas but nothing in Thomas' career so far has shown that he is a durable/reliable player.

yeah, its a big IF whether or not Armando is right. but IF he is, IMO, it will be a mistake not upgrading at TE this offseason.

yeah, its a big IF whether or not Armando is right. but IF he is, IMO, it will be a mistake not upgrading at TE this offseason.

They still may trade for Thomas or another TE. There are 16 more days before free agency starts. If they do trade for Thomas and he fails they will just end up looking for another TE in 2018. They played most of the 2016 season without Jordan Cameron and might end up playing much of the 2017 season without a true seam threat TE as well whether they trade for Thomas or not. If Gase really wants Thomas badly enough though I don't have any doubts that they will eventually come to an agreement on a deal with the Jags.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet 1m1 minute ago
More
Source: Julius Thomas is getting traded to the #Dolphins.

They still may trade for Thomas or another TE. There are 15 more days before free agency starts. If they do trade for Thomas and he fails they will just end up looking for another TE in 2018. They played most of the 2016 season without Jordan Cameron and might end up playing much of the 2017 season without a true seam threat TE as well whether they trade for Thomas or not. If Gase really wants Thomas badly enough though I don't have any doubts that they will eventually come to an agreement on a deal with the Jags.

Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet 2m2 minutes ago
More

looks like you were right! :lol:

Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet 2m2 minutes ago
More

looks like you were right! :lol:

These twitter rumors seem to change every few minutes. You never know.

Back
Top Bottom