*** Merged: Albert for ??? Trade MEGA-Thread *** | Page 27 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

*** Merged: Albert for ??? Trade MEGA-Thread ***

Still a lot of time and "what ifs" on this and any other deals to be had next month. While it looks like we are only getting a conditional late round 2018 pick for a pretty good LT (when healthy), you have to remember that we likely were going to just cut him for the cap relief and get nothing beyond the $$$ savings. Now we get the $$$ savings and a late round pick. Better than nothing. We still could get Thomas when/if he's cut (if we want him), or other free agent TE's that are available. Or we could look at a TE in the early part of the draft this year. I would think Gase wants to address the TE issue this off-season in some way.

Armando Salguero ‏@ArmandoSalguero 1m1 minute ago
More
The Dolphins are acquiring TE Julius Thomas for a late-round 2017 draft pick.

So were giving up a pick for him

@joenhre

I agree, they MAY just end up looking for another TE in 2018. As they would be if they sat still and did nothing. Julius could also pan out. In retrospect, I am glad they took a shot on Cameron. It did not go well, but it was a viable alternative (at the time) to overpaying Clay. And a 1 year flier (if thats what it turns out to be) is a hell of an investment for Julius Thomas. Well... I'll wait til I see the compensation before I get too carried away saying its a great trade.

That being said, I am pretty pumped if this Rapaport tweet is true. tons of potential with him coming to Miami.

---------- Post added at 05:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:09 PM ----------

Armando Salguero ‏@ArmandoSalguero 1m1 minute ago
More
The Dolphins are acquiring TE Julius Thomas for a late-round 2017 draft pick.

So were giving up a pick for him

we get a late 2018 pick
we give up a late 2017 pick

sounds good to me. Well worth the risk for Julius Thomas. Whats the deal with his restructure, though? Is that off the table now?

@joenhre

I agree, they MAY just end up looking for another TE in 2018. As they would be if they sat still and did nothing. Julius could also pan out. In retrospect, I am glad they took a shot on Cameron. It did not go well, but it was a viable alternative (at the time) to overpaying Clay. And a 1 year flier (if thats what it turns out to be) is a hell of an investment for Julius Thomas. Well... I'll wait til I see the compensation before I get too carried away saying its a great trade.

That being said, I am pretty pumped if this Rapaport tweet is true. tons of potential with him coming to Miami.

---------- Post added at 05:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:09 PM ----------

we get a late 2018 pick

sounds good to me. Well worth the risk for Julius Thomas. Whats the deal with his restructure, though? Is that off the table now?

Have to wait to see if he re-structures don't think Miami holds the cards here to be honest, probably best for Miami to keep the option to purge him next year and not give him any more guaranteed monies. Sure hope they don't give him any more guaranteed monies and I bet you the Albert pick is conditional.

@joenhre

we get a late 2018 pick

I hope we get an extremely motivated Julius Thomas who excels in Gase's offense. Still really worry about his durability since even in his best NFL season he was only able to play in 14 regular season games.

This trade has Gase written all over it. Remember when Gase came to Miami, how psyched he was about Stills? And how did Stills do?

I smell another great season out of a new (but familiar) toy for Mr. Gase.

---------- Post added at 05:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:14 PM ----------

Omar Kelly ‏@OmarKelly 12s13 seconds ago

Seriously....I'm so confused.

you would be.

Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet 5m5 minutes ago
More
TE Julius Thomas had his best stint under #Broncos OC Adam Gase. Now, Thomas will be back with Gase with the #Dolphins. Mutually beneficial

I hope we get an extremely motivated Julius Thomas who excels in Gase's offense. Still really worry about his durability since even in his best NFL season he was only able to play in 14 regular season games.

If he played 14 games for us this year I would not be upset at all. Missing two games isn't that bad in my opinion.

Gase has had glowing praise for him and his work ethic.

Adam Gase has raved about his work ethic and a trade here only validates that.

Link? :idk:

Honestly curious.

Bump. Anyone?

A teammate source get's called out for hearsay yet there has yet to be a post confirming this.

My bet is this fluff is along the lines of typical Belichick speak:

Nobody works harder than James. He’s very tough, dependable, smart, catches the ball well for a converted defensive player, so he has continued to gradually improve. [He’s] a guy I wouldn’t say it was that low to start with, but it has gotten better with experience.” — Belichick on James Develin, 8/29/16

“He’s got a long way to go, but nobody will work harder at it than he will.” — Belichick on Nate Ebner’s reacclimation to the team after the Olympics, 8/14/16

“Last year, unfortunately, he didn’t get very far into training camp again — but nobody worked harder than Tyler. He’s there early, he stays late, never complains, always does extra.” — Belichick on Tyler Gaffney, 8/12/16

“I feel bad for Jerod. Nobody’s worked harder than he has, and I know how disappointed he is and we all are.” — Belichick on Jerod Mayo’s attempt to play following injuries, 1/20/16

Nobody works harder than he does. He puts in a lot of time and is a very dedicated athlete and just keeps getting better.” — Belichick on Geneo Grissom, 12/16/15

“Matthew does a great job of helping everybody out. Really he’s a great example for all of us both on and off the field. Nobody works harder and puts more into it.” — Belichick on Matthew Slater, 11/25/15

“They’re working hard. They’re working hard. There’s a lot of ground to make up, but nobody works harder than those two guys.” — Belichick on Chris Jones and Dane Fletcher’s attempt to come back from injury, 11/18/15

Nobody works harder or practices harder than Danny does.” — Belichick on Danny Amendola, 10/20/15

"Dion works really hard," Belichick said. "I think nobody works harder than Dion." 10/28/16

:lol:

Word is Thomas restructured. Whatever he did though hes due 3 million guarenteed can't change that part

The Jags-Phins trade is still very much alive, and will be until 12 March. That's how long each team has to work out compensation with players. But the terms of the deal could *not* be better for both teams. Jags get a possible top-5, starting Left Tackle for a TE who under-performed with them for a lot of money; Phins get a possible 14+ touchdowns from a TE who actually produced those numbers with a good QB, under our current HC. Both teams get out from under players they likely would have jettisoned anyway, each coming away with boom-or-bust players instead of nothing except dead cap to pay. Rarely is such a symbiosis between two NFL teams this symmetrical.

And that's exactly what will happen the moment that it's possible under NFL rules to sign the contracts. Those saying otherwise in the press are the usual bottom-feeders who obfuscate when they have nothing else to offer.

Yep, typical coach speak.

2014. He then declined an $8M contract at year's end for a chance at continued team success and instead chased money to Jax.

You don't trust Gase here? I would be willing to bet (vcash of course) that Julius is successful this season for us. I think we can define success with TDs lets say 8

Back
Top Bottom