*** Merged: Albert for ??? Trade MEGA-Thread *** | Page 28 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

*** Merged: Albert for ??? Trade MEGA-Thread ***

You don't trust Gase here? I would be willing to bet (vcash of course) that Julius is successful this season for us. I think we can define success with TDs lets say 8

I'll take the bet if it involves the stipulation of him having to complete a full 16 game regular season. :up:

---------- Post added at 05:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:35 PM ----------

:lol:

Yep, Adam Gase, a coach, speaking on a player. Not sure what u were expecting.

Less housekeeping, more substance.

So I'm seeing Thomas is coming here on a separate deal? Where does that leave Albert?

I'm very confused right now

Bottom line for me is that there is no way that this trade was made if Adam Gase did not sign off on the move.

And if Adam Gase signed off on the move, then I'm going to give it the benefit of the doubt and be hopeful that he can provide some real production for us in the red zone.

Bottom line for me is that there is no way that this trade was made if Adam Gase did not sign off on the move.

And if Adam Gase signed off on the move, then I'm going to give it the benefit of the doubt and be hopeful that he can provide some real production for us in the red zone.

If Gase had anything to do with Carroo, Drake, or especially Grant (which he probably did in some realm), he's got some more proving to do before I just sign off on any move he makes.

So I'm seeing Thomas is coming here on a separate deal? Where does that leave Albert?

I'm very confused right now

Yes 2 separate deals. Albert is in Jacksonville right now. Probably restructuring his deal (more money to play for Jacksonville maybe). Conditional 2018 pick most likely. It was probably easier to make it 2 separate deals. We wanted julius and can't count on Albert agreeing with Jacksonville. Albert has to restructure I believe

If Gase had anything to do with Carroo, Drake, or especially Grant (which he probably did in some realm), he's got some more proving to do before I just sign off on any move he makes.

Dolphins don't care what you sign off on.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I'll take the bet if it involves the stipulation of him having to complete a full 16 game regular season. :up:

---------- Post added at 05:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:35 PM ----------

Less housekeeping, more substance.

More substance? You were pimping the unnamed teammate criticism first in this thread like that had substance . . . Yet the coach talks up his work ethic, potential and his smarts on and off the field and you just brush it off.

Less agenda driven drivel and more substance would serve you better when it comes to how you perceive things.

Grant was a 7th I can't see the big deal about a 7th but if you want to pin that on Gase for Grant not working out I guess you can. I like Drake no beef about that move. Caroo on the other hand...

I'm wary of a bet involving the health of a player. Injuries are unpredictable

Ask guy for proof, insult him for not providing it, then deflect when he does. You're better than that SOS.

Gase is a man of few words. When have you heard him be as expansive as he was on the topic of Julius Thomas?

1. Will improve
2. Works hard
3. Smart player and person
4. Understands Defenses
5. Excited about him

I defy you to find an instance where Gase names all of these attributes for one player at one time.

Now, take into account that the player has already performed at the highest level for Gase, in his system.

Rumor is its a 7th and he restructured to 3 million. 7th and 3 million is worth it

Gase is a man of few words. When have you heard him be as expansive as he was on the topic of Julius Thomas?

1. Will improve
2. Works hard
3. Smart player and person
4. Understands Defenses
5. Excited about him

I defy you to find an instance where Gase names all of these attributes for one player at one time.

Now, take into account that the player has already performed at the highest level for Gase, in his system.

For starters:

“I feel like you’re going to see a different guy with us,” Gase said of Williams Tuesday at the NFL owners meetings. “I feel that way. [Defensive coordinator] Vance [Joseph] has worked with him before. The guys that he’s going to be playing with this year, I feel like he feels comfortable with that group. I think you’re going to see a different player this year.”

“It’s hard for me to speak on what happened somewhere else; I’m just excited he’s with us,” Gase said. “We’re excited to get him back to playing like he was in 2013 and 2014. I feel like he’s in a good place. We had a great visit with him and he’s really excited.

"When I talked to him and we signed him, you can tell he was ready to get last year’s taste out of his mouth.”

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/miami-dolphins/86299071-132.html

Ask guy for proof, insult him for not providing it, then deflect when he does. You're better than that SOS.

I had seen that quote prior and it was weak coachspeak. Especially when the player (Thomas) showed little respect for what the Denver organization did for him at year's end and how he turned down a good contract to chase money for a loser in Jax.

Back
Top Bottom