MERGED: Albert signing with Dolphins for 10 mil/per | Page 28 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

MERGED: Albert signing with Dolphins for 10 mil/per

Some of you guys don't get that we have to overpay for free agents that are in demand. Players don't want to come here just because.

They get it they just have to bitch about it.

Sent from my Nexus 7 FHD

Some of you guys don't get that we have to overpay for free agents that are in demand. Players don't want to come here just because.

Market sets the value. We have dire needs so we can't sit around and get thrifty because the top tier free agents will disappear real quick.

Just because what?

---------- Post added at 08:27 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:26 AM ----------

With free agency beginning in less than eight hours, Albert isn’t exactly hiding his tracks.

Albert just began following several Dolphins players on Twitter. No, that doesn’t technically mean he’s coming to Miami. But really, why all of a sudden follow Ryan Tannehill, Lamar Miller, Brent Grimes on Louis Delmas?

Albert follows other NFL players, like Arthur Jones and Maurkice Pouncey. But to start following four Miami players at once? You can draw your own conclusions.
- See more at: http://blogs.palmbeachpost.com/thed...lphins-heavy-on-twitter/#sthash.3jclTmRW.dpuf

Market sets the value. We have dire needs so we can't sit around and get thrifty because the top tier free agents will disappear real quick.

Yep. In this case, it's a matter of damned if you do, and damned if you don't.

Yeah, $10 million is overpaying for Albert. I didn't want for us to spend more than $8 million for him. He's only an average run blocking tackle. He does have some injury concerns, though i think this has been at least a little overblown (i.e. he's not broken down like Jake Long). All this said, if we REALLY think Ryan Tannehill is a franchise QB, signing ALbert can take this offense 3 steps forward because Albert is an excellent pass blocker. It's a passing league. We have a very talented QB who put in a solid sophomore season with a historically bad offensive line. Keeping him clean is paramount, and I don't think overpaying your LT is a huge deal if it helps your QB take the big step from being a solid QB to being a pro bowl level performer.

$10 million isn't that much over market value as everything I've seen is that the estimation was $9 million a year.

Lol "it isn't my money". Such an ignorant statement. Do you think Cowboy fans are making that same dumb comment now that their owner keeps killing their cap space with horrible contracts? Such a sort sited, idiotic statement

It isn't our money. We can hate the moves all we want but we don't have any say in the matter. How is that idiotic?

What are you talking about? I didn't pull any numbers out of the air. I clearly stated that it was my opinion that Albert is worth 5-6 million. The rumor is that Albert is getting 10mil. I'm saying IMO he is only worth 5-6. I'm not even blaming the Dolphins necessarily because we need lineman badly........but there is no way in hell that Albert is worth that much. Unfortunately Ireland has put us in a desperate situation the requires us to go all out to get lineman.

You just proved my point. Your opinion is 5-6 million when no one else has stated he's going to make so little. You're just making up those numbers. It's one thing if that's what the market was set at but it isn't even close.

$10 million isn't that much over market value as everything I've seen is that the estimation was $9 million a year.

I agree as far as market value, but in the long haul you want to be paying closer to what a players real value is, and in Albert's case he's not close to a $10 million LT. But in FA you pay or you don't play. Albert is a solid enough player, and there are significant question marks about nearly every LT we could sign this year.

Yeah, $10 million is overpaying for Albert. I didn't want for us to spend more than $8 million for him. He's only an average run blocking tackle. He does have some injury concerns, though i think this has been at least a little overblown (i.e. he's not broken down like Jake Long). All this said, if we REALLY think Ryan Tannehill is a franchise QB, signing ALbert can take this offense 3 steps forward because Albert is an excellent pass blocker. It's a passing league. We have a very talented QB who put in a solid sophomore season with a historically bad offensive line. Keeping him clean is paramount, and I don't think overpaying your LT is a huge deal if it helps your QB take the big step from being a solid QB to being a pro bowl level performer.

I am curious to how Hickey and Aponte are going to structure this deal, if it gets done. From what I gather, a lot of folks were pleased with Brent Grimes deal, so maybe this deal will be win-win, too.

I am curious to how Hickey and Aponte are going to structure this deal, if it gets done. From what I gather, a lot of folks were pleased with Brent Grimes deal, so maybe this deal will be win-win, too.

That's what I'm hoping too. Reality is you are likely to overpay when you are chasing guys through free agency. We can't avoid that now. You avoid that through the draft, and missing on Jon Martin meant we would be overpaying for a LT. I'm cautiously optimistic that our front office won't paint us into a corner with bad contracts. Like you said, they appear to have set up a win-win deal with Grimes.

Back
Top Bottom