Merged: All "Chambers Sucks" Posts | Page 48 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged: All "Chambers Sucks" Posts

unifiedtheory said:
I KNEW it was just a matter of time before you showed up with the Chambers excuse list.

Gus is about 10th on the list of people to blame for losing today.

Take off your "Chambers is great" blinders and watch the game...the guy was TERRIBLE today. I don't care about his stats...he will never be great.

Your reading comprehension skills are really lacking. I said chambers had a bad game. That doesn't mean Gus had a great one. That said, I didn't blame Gus. I simply said that he very easily could have had 4 INTs which I don't think you, or anyone else, could dispute.

flintsilver7 said:
Well, don't look now, but you're missing two enormous key points here. Sometimes I just hate to break the truth to people.

Ward's breakdown was the following:

Batch at QB: 6 receptions, 64 yards.
Maddox at QB: 1 reception, 9 yards.
Randle El at QB: 1 reception, 51 yards, TD.

You seem to have forgotten that nearly half his yards and his touchdown came on a trick play.

Now, just for kicks, let's look at some QB ratings:

Batch (2005/Career): 68.2 / 76.6
Maddox (2005/Career): 32.6 / 72.4
Randle El (2005/Career): 158.3 / 139.6

Ward has done nothing of note this year with either Batch or Maddox. Batch has a higher career rating than Frerotte, while Maddox is lower. Batch has been better this year, Maddox clearly has not. Randle El doesn't really count. Ward does not have a TD from any Steelers quarterback other than Roethlisberger, and one from a wide receiver.

You can keep trying to insist there's no correlation between quarterback talent and receiver play, and I will keep proving you wrong.

Thanks. You beat me to the punch again.

flintsilver7 said:
Chambers was officially credited with one drop in yesterday's game.

The other balls may have been catchable, but they weren't easy catches. Was it a bad game? Sure. Is Chambers the reason we lost yesterday? Far from it.

No, the second drop on snap STATS was from last week. It takes them several days after the "basic" stats go up to update the "exotic" stats like drops, etc. I think he'll have 4-5 up there by the latter part of this week.

Fineas said:
No, the second drop on snap STATS was from last week. It takes them several days after the "basic" stats go up to update the "exotic" stats like drops, etc. I think he'll have 4-5 up there by the latter part of this week.

Thanks, I had wondered about that. As of this morning, Chambers has 4, which gives him the two I thought he deserved if the second, as you say, came from last week.

I still don't see Dennis Northcutt's drop listed, which is what I'm using as the measuring stick since nobody could possibly not see that as a drop.

flintsilver7 said:
Interesting to see who, after Week 1, was looking for reasons to discredit Chambers.

You really have to like the criticism of the 61 yard run on the reverse.

Back
Top Bottom