Merged: All "Chambers Sucks" Posts | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged: All "Chambers Sucks" Posts

SCall13 said:
I don't care what the stats say, I've seen him drop way more than one.

There have been 8 games played. How many has he dropped that were good passes? Three? I only remember the sideline catch against the Jets or was that Booker?

adamprez2003 said:
Hey Chrebet good to see you're concussion is better. :evil:
No, it looks like he's still a little loopy after that statement.

hes had maybe 2 drops on good balls with no defender on him... you guys have overreacted to a couple of plays chris has made... and hes definately much better than decent...

I still say if we ever had a stud QB throwing the ball Chambers would be a top 5 WR so don't blame him.

dolfanrodney said:
I still say if we ever had a stud QB throwing the ball Chambers would be a top 5 WR so don't blame him.

We dont even need a stud QB. Give me the 20th ranked QB and we would be 5-3 or 6-2 and Chambers would be more than "decent"

inFINSible said:
No, it looks like he's still a little loopy after that statement.

this is the same Chris Chambers who is supposed to have a brakout year this year, right? Oh wait he was suppsoed to have that last year- wait again I think it was suppsoed to be 2 years ago? His early struggles were b/c of the QBs but now he has Gus so he'll nbreakout? Wasn't that the thinking. Well in his "breakout" year he's on pace for 60 recs, 834 yds, 13.7 YPC, 6 TDs. That says decent #2 WR not decent #1.

dolfanrodney said:

We've gone over this before, great WRs make their QBs better. Plenty of WRs have played w/ much worse than what Chambers has played w/ and still had big time seasons including Marty Booker when he was w/ Chicago. You have had competent QBs(except Feeley) since Chris arrived so the QB excuse is a bad one.

nyjunc said:
We've gone over this before, great WRs make their QBs better. Plenty of WRs have played w/ much worse than what Chambers has played w/ and still had big time seasons including Marty Booker when he was w/ Chicago. You have had competent QBs(except Feeley) since Chris arrived so the QB excuse is a bad one.

My fuzzy little Chrebet, it's clear you're still feeling the effects of your brain shake. Name one WR who has played with worse and has done better than Chambers. I'm sure there is an example but I am hard pressed to come up with one let alone plenty

PHP:
dolfanrodney said:
PHP:

Dolfanrodney I must say i agree with you , if chambers had marino or sage or griese throwing to him he definately would be a top 5 wr. i think we should be patient and wait until we get a qb to make a honest assestment of our wrs. the problem is we need to pass the ball 60% of the time in order to get a good rythmn between the qb and wr.
while we are on this subject, why haven't we been throwing to randy and diamond a little more. if the tight ends are catching the ball lets throw to them 40 % to 50% because it doesnt matter who catchs the ball just catch the ball.

But just for the record i am standing by chambers 150% and I beleive he will get better.

I happen to agree with Saban on this particular issue. Chambers definitely has the potential to be a playmaker but he's NOT consistent, pure and simple. He'll catch "2" great passes and then miss a clutch one here and there. He's been here long enough to step up his game but has yet to prove it!!:fire:

phinfan2003 said:
Apparently Chambers took exception to Saban calling him (and Booker) decent WR's.

http://www.miami.com/mld/miamiherald/sports/football/13127869.htm

I think what pissed him off more is that while he called Chambers and Booker decent, he called Gus good. :lol:

Well, while I'm sure that the WR play can improve, but it can only improve so much due to our inaccurate and inconsistent QB play. I believe that Saban has to back his QB to the hilt, but not at the expense of any other players whose results are directly tied to the level of play of the QB position.

If Saban, who I'm sure knows his players better than I, said this to motivate or push CC and it works that's fine, but Saban should be and should have been criticizing his QB which he has not. Perhaps he knows that won't work with Gus, fine...but it appears that the organization, starting with Saban is turning a deaf ear to the poor QB play and not to other areas that need improvement.

Why this is, is a mystery to many of us...

The ONLY reason these WR's have any drops is because they are so shocked when a Ball hits them in the hands they hardly know what to do........LoL

Waldop said:
I happen to agree with Saban on this particular issue. Chambers definitely has the potential to be a playmaker but he's NOT consistent, pure and simple. He'll catch "2" great passes and then miss a clutch one here and there. He's been here long enough to step up his game but has yet to prove it!!:fire:

How can you honestly say that about CC with the passes that have come his way ?? He has had to make more of those 'great catches' than any normal, in stride passes from Gus. There has also been a long enough time for Gus to 'gel' with his recievers and step it up, but he has been progressively worse as each game goes on. I'm not convinced that CC can't be the #1 guy because for his whole career, he has not had a QB to give him that opportunity on a consistent basis. We need to face the facts. Don't you think CC would be considered a better WR with Green, Brees, Favre, McNabb, or Manning (either one at this point) throwing to him...if not, you haven't watched our team very objectively.

Back
Top Bottom