Merged: All "Chambers Sucks" Posts | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged: All "Chambers Sucks" Posts

A Wing Pilot said:
For a WR who is supposed to be GREAT he misses hard catches and easy ones. he also drops passes and has yet to break 1000yds. Good- Great WR's make crappy QB's better. and good QB's can make avg WR's better. Chambers is just middle of the road, nothing more untll he can prove it.

No, you're wrong. Chambers should've showed you enough of what he can do on no more than two passes - both from Sage, ironically. Back in 2003 - with mediocre quarterbacks and a reasonable running threat - Chambers put up his best season. He has not been thrown to enough to put up a 1,000 yard season - even with a quarterback that helps him. It is NOT a coincidence that 1,000 yard receivers have good quarterbacks throwing to them. While a good quarterback can make an average receiver better, a good receiver cannot make a bad quarterback better.

You guys are out of your mind. Chamber is one of the best receivers in the game. How many people could have made that diving one armed catch at the goal line? Maybe Marvin Harrison or Hines Ward, but not many other receivers are anywhere near as athletic and acrobatic with those kind of hands. Even if you claim that he has missed 4 or 5 balls instead of 1, how many throws have been overthrown of underthrown to where he had no chance at them? . . . . . . . . .More than 4 or 5.The guy is very good and could absolutly put up pro bowl numbers. Give him an offense like the colts or the broncos and he would absolutely have 1300-1400 yards.

flintsilver7 said:
No, you're wrong. Chambers should've showed you enough of what he can do on no more than two passes - both from Sage, ironically. Back in 2003 - with mediocre quarterbacks and a reasonable running threat - Chambers put up his best season. He has not been thrown to enough to put up a 1,000 yard season - even with a quarterback that helps him. It is NOT a coincidence that 1,000 yard receivers have good quarterbacks throwing to them. While a good quarterback can make an average receiver better, a good receiver cannot make a bad quarterback better.

Here here. Well said and right on the money.

I would be upset if I was Chambers too, but then agaisnt I have been upset with Chambers almost all season and rather than b*tching about it... he should be motivated to prove everyone wrong on the field.

inFINSible said:
Chambers hasn't dropped as many balls as gus has thrown away but, who does Nick defend and who does he take swipes at?

This would be comical, if it was happening to the jets. :(

If you read the article, you'll notice he was pointing out the talent that we have, pointing out our RBs, WRs, and TE. He then said these guys need to be playmakers, (i.e., live up to your talent). At no time did he mention Gus as one of our talented players or one that he expects to be a playmaker. He knows Gus is not our qb of the future. He just doesn't think Sage or Lemon are either, and I'm sorry, but he's working with far more information than we are.
I know you're still miffed that AJ wasn't given three more years to realize the potential that apparently only you and Spielman recognize, but c'mon, turning a comment about Chambers who is not living up to expectations (or salary) into yet another indictment of Gus? Qb play is a huge problem for this team, one that will certainly be addressed through FA or the draft. But it is not the only problem, and I think Nick is doing a good job trying to improve the players he thinks are part of the long term plan here.

painnotpleasure said:
I would be upset if I was Chambers too, but then agaisnt I have been upset with Chambers almost all season and rather than b*tching about it... he should be motivated to prove everyone wrong on the field.

Exactly. Instead of running his mouth...Chambers should prove on the field that he is better than decent.

You can't tell me that Chambers attacks the football. He has a lazy way about him that allows defensive backs to punk him out of his game.

I hope he is traded or demoted to #2 for next year.
Sick of drinking the "breakout season" Kool Aid.

Its amazing people are taking the Saban's comment as actual fact. I can see a debate as to whether Chambers is a very good receiver vs an excellent receiver, I may even be willing to endure a debate as to whether he's just a good receiver vs a very good receiver but to have people here actually call him average or decent is absurd. Sure its a motivational tool on Saban's part but to have fans here agree with that statement as fact is beyond absurd. This sight never ceases to amaze me

adamprez2003 said:
Its amazing people are taking the Saban's comment as actual fact. I can see a debate as to whether Chambers is a very good receiver vs an excellent receiver, I may even be willing to endure a debate as to whether he's just a good receiver vs a very good receiver but to have people here actually call him average or decent is absurd. Sure its a motivational tool on Saban's part but to have fans here agree with that statement as fact is beyond absurd. This sight never ceases to amaze me

He has not shown enough consistency in his game to rate him above decent. He gets punked too much on the field and is rather lazy at times when the ball is in the air.

adamprez2003 said:
My fuzzy little Chrebet, it's clear you're still feeling the effects of your brain shake. Name one WR who has played with worse and has done better than Chambers. I'm sure there is an example but I am hard pressed to come up with one let alone plenty

off the top of my head- Keyshawn Johnson in 1999 w/ Tom Tupa, Rick Mirer and Ray Lucas as his QBs and Marty Booker w/ Henry Burris, Chris Chandler, Jim Miller and Cory Sauter.

I'm not trying to knock Chamber as he has a ton of ability but he has proven to be nothing more than a decent #2 WR.

Superself said:
He has not shown enough consistency in his game to rate him above decent. He gets punked too much on the field and is rather lazy at times when the ball is in the air.

To be decent means there are number 3 receivers out there as good as you. Name me one #3 receiver you would take over Chambers

nyjunc said:
off the top of my head- Keyshawn Johnson in 1999 w/ Tom Tupa, Rick Mirer and Ray Lucas as his QBs and Marty Booker w/ Henry Burris, Chris Chandler, Jim Miller and Cory Sauter.

I'm not trying to knock Chamber as he has a ton of ability but he has proven to be nothing more than a decent #2 WR.
Sorry, your examples don't meet the criteria, he said, show me receivers that have done better with a worse QB...All the QB's you have mentioned have are better than Gus...

The only person Chambers should be upset with is himself. He has not played to his fullest ability, and until he does, he should be called a decent receiver.

Dolfan4life! said:
Sorry, your examples don't meet the criteria, he said, show me receivers that have done better with a worse QB...All the QB's you have mentioned have are better than Gus...

The combo of Tupa(a punter who played half a game but key caught a TD and turned a short pass into about a 60 yard pass play), Rick Mirer(maybe the worst QB I have ever seen and Lucas is worse than Gus? :lol: Booker in Chicago w/ Henry Burris for 6 games(who?), a 90 yr old Chris Chandler for 9 games, Cory sauter for a game(who?) and an injured Jim Miller- that was better than Gus or Fiedler? :lol: before the season you guys were telling me how Gus was such a hugh upgrade over Fiedler- what happened?

Back
Top Bottom