Merged: All "Chambers Sucks" Posts | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged: All "Chambers Sucks" Posts

outlawd2u said:
The ONLY reason these WR's have any drops is because they are so shocked when a Ball hits them in the hands they hardly know what to do........LoL

roflmao !!!

Chambers has been playing fine other than one drop I can remember. Booker is the one that has been dropping passes left and right. I think y'all are mistaken.

nyjunc said:
We've gone over this before, great WRs make their QBs better. Plenty of WRs have played w/ much worse than what Chambers has played w/ and still had big time seasons including Marty Booker when he was w/ Chicago. You have had competent QBs(except Feeley) since Chris arrived so the QB excuse is a bad one.

Agreed..

Sundance Kid said:
Catch ALL the ^%$#@! Balls....

Chambers dropped 1 this week, while so did Brooker but Ronnie dropped three
I agree gus's completion % would be way up without the drops but I'm confused by how everyone only sees Chris's drops and not everyone else. Can you explain
this to me? I don't hear anyone demonizing Ronnie?

Chambers Stats Are not those of a Premier WR

I am a huge finfan since the days of david woodley and don strock but CC is just an average WR. Furthermore, this guy is getting paid Premier Wr money. Period. He got this huge contract. For the last 4 years we have said that Jay Fiedler was to blame. But in the back of my mind, when I saw chambers play, I never saw the explosiveness that I see with Moss, Owens, Steve Smith etc. I understand that he needs a good qb to get him the ball, but those guys put up numbers regardless of who is throwing the ball. Moss was putting up numbers with Rob Johnson, Randall Cunningham, and our very own Gus Ferrotte. Terrell Owens played with Jeff Garcia for a few years. I know that the guys I have mentioned are premier WR's, but he is getting paid Premier WR salary.

In addition, when he catches the ball, he hardly gets any yards after the catch. The before mentioned guys get alot of their total yards after they catch the ball.

According to ESPN he is Ranked 37th in total Yards and even worse in Total TD's, there are number 2 WR's with better stats than him. That can not fall totally on the shoulders of GUS. Somedays, Chambers is just shutdown or just does not show up to play, and take over a game the way we want him to when he gets the ball.

Like in Tampa he did not show up for that game, and against Atl he got shut down again. He got shut down against buffalo, or did not show up again, and against NO he had 4 catches for 25 yards and 1 TD, to me that is like a semi-shutdown. You are what your stats say you are!!! Unfortunatley he is an avg. wr at this point of the season. I am not happy to say it, but the pedals have fallen off the rose named Chris Chambers.

Its about holding yourself accountable. Gus basically has. They do not want to move Gus yet. Saban wants to teach total team, not "its Gus' fault."

phinMikeDC said:
Chambers has been playing fine other than one drop I can remember. Booker is the one that has been dropping passes left and right. I think y'all are mistaken.

dude, you watchin games?

decent recievers get 750-999yds a season good-great < 1000yds a season. And before you give me its the QB's fault, explain to me how they do it all the time in N.O., Arizona, Chargers, Bengals, even Detriot.

You people have no idea what a dropped pass is really all about. A dropped pass is supposed to be one that is catchable with normal effort. According to Snap Stats - which is very accurate - Chambers has one drop, and Booker has three. That means that according to the best combined opinions of sportswriters, statisticians, and sports analysts, Chambers had one pass he could've caught with normal effort and Booker had three. Anything beyond that was considered not catchable with normal effort.

Chambers has made a number of circus catches this season - had he not made those catches, they would not be dropped. Even if the stats were off by a factor of three - as in Chambers had three drops - GUS IS STILL A BAD QUARTERBACK.

You people that are all enjoying your Sabanite Fool-Aid need to get your heads out of the sand and realize Chambers will NOT excel with Gus. It won't happen. Gus can't reliably hit him. Gus can't reliably hit anyone for that matter.

If I were Chambers, I would be upset. Saban has always defended Gus - usually without legitmate cause. He mentioned that Gus was getting knocked around in the past as an excuse. Miami has one of the best pass-protecting lines in football this season. He blames basically everybody around Gus. It's sickening and it's almost as bad as everybody here agreeing with him.

flintsilver7 said:
You people have no idea what a dropped pass is really all about. A dropped pass is supposed to be one that is catchable with normal effort. According to Snap Stats - which is very accurate - Chambers has one drop, and Booker has three. That means that according to the best combined opinions of sportswriters, statisticians, and sports analysts, Chambers had one pass he could've caught with normal effort and Booker had three. Anything beyond that was considered not catchable with normal effort.

Chambers has made a number of circus catches this season - had he not made those catches, they would not be dropped. Even if the stats were off by a factor of three - as in Chambers had three drops - GUS IS STILL A BAD QUARTERBACK.

You people that are all enjoying your Sabanite Fool-Aid need to get your heads out of the sand and realize Chambers will NOT excel with Gus. It won't happen. Gus can't reliably hit him. Gus can't reliably hit anyone for that matter.

If I were Chambers, I would be upset. Saban has always defended Gus - usually without legitmate cause. He mentioned that Gus was getting knocked around in the past as an excuse. Miami has one of the best pass-protecting lines in football this season. He blames basically everybody around Gus. It's sickening and it's almost as bad as everybody here agreeing with him.

For a WR who is supposed to be GREAT he misses hard catches and easy ones. he also drops passes and has yet to break 1000yds. Good- Great WR's make crappy QB's better. and good QB's can make avg WR's better. Chambers is just middle of the road, nothing more untll he can prove it.

Chambers is mad that Saban called him a decent reciever? So where does he rank in his mind? An elite one....give me a break. Saban was 100%, and until Chambers can prove otherwise it will stay that way.

A Wing Pilot said:
decent recievers get 750-999yds a season good-great < 1000yds a season. And before you give me its the QB's fault, explain to me how they do it all the time in N.O., Arizona, Chargers, Bengals, even Detriot.

Arizona: Boldin had 1377 yards in 2003. He was by far the primary target. Both Jeff Blake and Josh McCown had QB ratings higher than Gus Frerotte has currently. Both Fitzgerald and Boldin will be 1000 yard receivers this season. It is worth noting two things - one, whoever is quarterbacking between McCown and Warner is significantly better than Frerotte, and two, Arizona has no running game to speak of. They gain yards through the air.

New Orleans: Brooks is having a bad year; Horn is below his average. Coincidence? No. Horn was well over 1000 yards last year when Brooks had a good year. He was also over 1000 in 2002. In all cases, Brooks was having a good year, with a QB rating between 80 and 90. Give Chambers a quarterback like that, and he'll do that.

Both the Chargers & the Bengals have had the luxury of real quarterbacks the past few years. I would happily take Doug Flutie over Gus, even now. By the way, when Brees struggled in 2003, the Chargers had no 1000 yard receivers. When Brees was average in 2002, the Chargers had no 1000 yard receivers. As for the Bengals, both Kitna and Palmer could throw left-handed and put up better numbers than Gus.

Detroit has not had a 1000 yard receiver since Charlie Batch hooked up with Johnnie Morton in 2001. Charlie Batch that year was about 10 points better than Gus, by the way. Even Mike McMahon was better.

Back
Top Bottom