Merged: All "Chambers Sucks" Posts | Page 46 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged: All "Chambers Sucks" Posts

chris chambers is a good wr not a great one....... he's not even a real #1 he is more of a #2 WR.... clearly the man will neva put up the numbers we all want him to......

this is just another game where marty booker out profomed our #1.....

take our #1 wr Chris Chambers and rank with every NFL team's #1 WR and chris chambers will be beat out by 75 % the entire league....

Chris Chambers will neva be in a moss,owens harrison catagory..... ****, Brandon Stokley is better......

we need a real #1 WR

Chambers is not a #1 receiver... Wanny may have thought so... But it's obvious he's turning out to be a Gadsden. His TDs were catches any receiver could make... big deal.

2 Pistolz said:
And what happens if McMichael doesn't screw up the momentum of the game?

You're 100% right. I just think most ppl have their blame list and CC is on top of that list.

I'm with you McM's fumble was a huge turn around in yesterdays game.

adamprez2003 said:
Very good point though I think some posters here that are calling for him to be cut or want Booker to be elevated to #1 are ridiculous. Booker is a possession receiver period. He's a very good number 2 and Chambers is a middle of the road #1. Chambers biggest problem as a receiver is he can't go low. He cant catch any passes below his knees. Still without him we have zero threat at receiver and this team would be even worse than it is

I don't think elevating Booker is a ridiculous course of action. We have had THREE HC's try everything under the sun to motivate CC to no success. Maybe a demotion would be a positive thing for CC. Further if it does not positively effect CC maybe we will see Booker is ready to be our #1 WR.

I do however think cutting CC is a ridiculous idea to say the least. At worst he is an EXCELLENT #2 WR and we should want to keep such a talent on this team.

Chambers needs to quit aligator arming and trying to draw flag. If he catches any number of those drops, we sustain drives and keep Brady on the bench. We need a vacuum out there ala Steve Smith.

Canadianfishfan said:
Chambers is not a #1 receiver... Wanny may have thought so... But it's obvious he's turning out to be a Gadsden. His TDs were catches any receiver could make... big deal.

Ummm Wanny was not the only one, so save the Wanny bashing for goodness sakes!

It was widely thought CC has the talent to be a very good #1 WR, a pro-bowl caliber WR in fact.

2 Pistolz said:
Another thing I left out, WHERE THE HELL IS THE BLAME FOR McMICHAEL? He beat the coverage as if it were his WIFE, yet he screwed that entire drive up. People always protect McMichael, yet if he didn't SCREW that great play up (a rare perfect throw by Gus), hmmm...14-3? Huge difference and this game may of never turned around.

If Mare & McMichael did their jobs, we could've been up 17-3 in this game.

Again, people blame Chambers, but if everybody else did what they were supposed to, that 4th & Goal NEVER occurs.

McMichael's game overall was pretty solid. Not perfect but generally solid. He should have kept running under that pass and not jumped and then he never would have gone to the ground. Even so, the fumble was a great defensive play. We can argue that he shouldn't have gotten up and that he should have tucked the ball away, but in my view it was just a great play by the d back to knock the ball loose. Too often CCs errors are errors that he creates alone. For several possessions yesterday CCs errors were the difference between executing the offense and a punt.

ohall said:
I don't think elevating Booker is a ridiculous course of action. We have had THREE HC's try everything under the sun to motivate CC to no success. Maybe a demotion would be a positive thing for CC. Further if it does not positively effect CC maybe we will see Booker is ready to be our #1 WR.

I do however think cutting CC is a ridiculous idea to say the least. At worst he is an EXCELLENT #2 WR and we should want to keep such a talent on this team.

If its done for motivational purposes then I could see it - good point

hey dont forget 2 passes into the direct sunlight for the tie. you would figure that your off coord would know a little more about the weather an sun affecting your play on that side of the field

wat is wrong with chambers

i've been on this website and seen many people bashing Gus but yesterday he was on point and Chris Chambers was not catching anything i mean i saw the game and it look like he was just trying todraw a flag in every single route he ran i think that if he would had a chance if there weren't so many drops

Did saban even menchun anything about owens at the press confrence or our WR situation??...

Canadianfishfan said:

No... Just no. His first TD? No. Not just ANY receiver could've made that catch. Quit using Chambers as a scapegoat for our losses. We lost because of team mistakes, not just Chambers.

byroan said:
8 catches, 124 yards, 1td. Charlie Batch as QB.

Next.

Well, don't look now, but you're missing two enormous key points here. Sometimes I just hate to break the truth to people.

Ward's breakdown was the following:

Batch at QB: 6 receptions, 64 yards.
Maddox at QB: 1 reception, 9 yards.
Randle El at QB: 1 reception, 51 yards, TD.

You seem to have forgotten that nearly half his yards and his touchdown came on a trick play.

Now, just for kicks, let's look at some QB ratings:

Batch (2005/Career): 68.2 / 76.6
Maddox (2005/Career): 32.6 / 72.4
Randle El (2005/Career): 158.3 / 139.6

Ward has done nothing of note this year with either Batch or Maddox. Batch has a higher career rating than Frerotte, while Maddox is lower. Batch has been better this year, Maddox clearly has not. Randle El doesn't really count. Ward does not have a TD from any Steelers quarterback other than Roethlisberger, and one from a wide receiver.

You can keep trying to insist there's no correlation between quarterback talent and receiver play, and I will keep proving you wrong.

flintsilver7 said:
Well, don't look now, but you're missing two enormous key points here. Sometimes I just hate to break the truth to people.

Ward's breakdown was the following:

Batch at QB: 6 receptions, 64 yards.
Maddox at QB: 1 reception, 9 yards.
Randle El at QB: 1 reception, 51 yards, TD.

You seem to have forgotten that nearly half his yards and his touchdown came on a trick play.

Now, just for kicks, let's look at some QB ratings:

Batch (2005/Career): 68.2 / 76.6
Maddox (2005/Career): 32.6 / 72.4
Randle El (2005/Career): 158.3 / 139.6

Ward has done nothing of note this year with either Batch or Maddox. Batch has a higher career rating than Frerotte, while Maddox is lower. Batch has been better this year, Maddox clearly has not. Randle El doesn't really count. Ward does not have a TD from any Steelers quarterback other than Roethlisberger, and one from a wide receiver.

You can keep trying to insist there's no correlation between quarterback talent and receiver play, and I will keep proving you wrong.

I love it when guys make other guys look dumb. It's nice to know that sometime in FinHeaven you get the full story and not the half story.

fin4life35 said:
6 out of 14 is a horrible stat now i seen like two or three passes thrown to him and it was right in the money they were catcahble so that really cost us the game now we got lucky we were in the game so late because we played horrible the fundamentals really killed us.

Chambers: 6/14 caught (43%), 69 yds, 2 TD
Booker: 5/6 caught (45%), 102 yds, 0 TD

In this case, I'll take 2 TD over 33 yds.

That's about the exact% of passes caught (CC-44%, MB-45%) for the season. And Frerrote's 53% completions is about the same as his completion% for the year (52.5%). For whatever reason, the QB and both starting WRs are not on the same page. Gus has hit 57% of his passes to the slot WRs, TEs, & RBs. QBs usually hit these guys around 10% higher than normal, and starting WRs within around 10% lower than normal. Hope as ohall (?) stated all these guys will get better.

Edit: Made a mistake, Booker was 5/11 caught Sunday.

Back
Top Bottom